Thread: Why are there not enough gems in Treasure Isle

Why are there not enough gems in Treasure Isle

I will wait around a little while longer to see if anything changes, but this game is now too difficult. I will delete the app soon. And I can't seem to get enough cash to even buy any. Not only that I haven't been able to get to the island I've been trying to complete all day. I keep getting a message about not being in sync! I'm getting frustrated and ready to leave this game also. Such a drag as I've been really enjoying it until now.

Re: Why are there not enough gems in Treasure Isle

I am also having the same problem in Treasure Isle. I am new and I don’t want to buy gems now. I have a purple gem tree but I am stuck with the treasure hunt because I cannot precede the Volcano map or the normal one without other color gems which I don’t have. And yeah I don’t have that many neighbors. This is not cool. Robs the fun out of the game. I get people asking me via PM every day. So not everyone knows that.

I too am not finding many gems. If the people haven't already left the game, then most of their trees "are bare". It's hard when you cannot delete a friend, but I hear that is an ongoing problem that's been around forever. If half of your friends are no longer playing it is rough- I spent nearly 2 hours visiting islands for gems and I am too tired to even play after that. And to buy a bag of 5 gems. Don't get me started on that. It’s a money trail I just don't feel like going down any longer. I am tired of paying and with each new feature it makes it that much more expensive.

I can only echo all of the other comments. For a few weeks I had a great run where I had constantly over 30 of each, but then it just stopped giving. I still have loads of purple, green and orange, but I have 0 red and blue, which strangely enough are the only two colors I need to proceed with the island I'm on. So now I've hit a wall. I'm level 137 so I've been playing steady for a while now, but the only islands I've still to do are the cash islands on the last Pirate page (who the hell has that much cash - I have 4!!!) and the island I'm on, but can't complete without another 5 red and blue gems. It's totally infuriating. For the last 4 days I've visited each of my red and blue neighbors, of which I have a lot, and have not obtained one single gem. What a colossal waste of my time.

I used to always have a hard time getting one or two colors of gem, but now I'm consistently running out of everything but the color on my home island. It wasn't so bad when I'd occasionally get stuck somewhere until I could save up enough of one particular color, but now a long list of islands I can't complete until I get a lot more gems are starting to stack up. It's really frustrating. I'd recently decided to start buying island cash, but I wanted to use it on decorations for my island, not on items that are basic requirements to do anything in the game. I'm not opposed to paying for cool treats and things that will make my island better, but I won't be doing it until the balance of the game improves. If I wanted to pay just to play in the first place, then I'd just play a game with a monthly fee (which at this point, is starting to look like more and more of a bargain in comparison).

I also think that. There are two people playing in this house, and we're both in the same boat. We now have to stop playing because we can't possibly finish the islands without certain colored gems, which we never get. For me it's blue and red. All of my friends but 3 people have stopped playing this game now, so I can only collect orange gems from them, and green from my own tree. Strangely though, I continue to dig up gems that I already have over 30 of. Coincidence I hardly think so. What the hell is the point in making a game that it becomes impossible for people who have invested months of their time, and their own cash, to actually finish it. It's ridiculous, and I'm furious about it.

One thing I've found very useful is the "Treasure Win" page. Basically it mines the posts in your news feed from your neighbors and ties them up on one neat little page. Look it up - you'll find it very useful. Of course, it all depends on them actually posting stuff they find (fruit, gems, lost animals, achievements, etc.) Another thing - at some point a few months ago, I realized that out of all of my friends (i.e. people I actually know), not many were playing this particular game. I had to open up to random 'strange' TI players by posting my link in the various posts from the main TI page. Since then, my TI experience has really taken off. I know this isn't exactly news to the veteran players, but some may find it useful.