Thread: How to remove debug text in top right of screen in Crysis 2 beta?

How to remove debug text in top right of screen in Crysis 2 beta?

I am a college guy and I often play video games on the computer of mine. Well I let you know that I really love to play action game specially. Hence my friend told me to get Crysis 2 and play the same. Recently I have found that there is debug text being displayed while I am playing the game. I don’t know why this happening in my situation. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this particular thing? Any suggestion to will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to remove debug text in top right of screen in Crysis 2 beta?

Well I have seen this is a universal problem as far as this particular game Crysis 2 is concerned. Same as you I was experiencing the same problem which you have posted in this particular thread. Well I have done lots of research work and I have found the following solution to fix the problem. you need to enter following code after pressing tilder key ‘~’ from the keyboard.
    Code:
    r_displayinfo=0
    Let me know whether it helps you know. In case you are having any other solution then feel free to post here so that other users of this particular problem can get benefit of it.

I am having a specific solution which you can apply to fix the problem of yours. Well in this particular solution we are going to skip the cut scenes which are causing crashes whenever you are supposed to play the game. You need to go for crysis folder and simply search for video.pak file in to this particular folder. Once you have found that file you need to rename to video.bak. Once you have completed all above mentioned stuff all the cut scene will be skip and there will no crashing of the game.

You did not to write following code again and again on the console if you use the instruction of mine.
    Code:
    r_displayinfo=0
    You have to search for system.cfg in to the Crysis folder and open system.cfg file in to notepad. The system.cfg will look like below mentioned manner when you open it into notepad.
    Code:
    ; crysis2

sys_game_folder=GameCrysis2
    sys_dll_game=CryGameCrysis2.dll
    sys_user_folder=Crysis2

r_ShaderCompilerServer=
    r_ShadersRemoteCompiler=0

log_IncludeTime=1
    sys_languages="english,french,spanish,german,turki sh"
    You have to enter r_displayInfo=0 at the last line of the system.cfg. Once you have done save the same and you won’t have any crashing issue with this particular game.

I think you are using this particular game of Beta version. So according to me you cannot play this game with using DX 11. However this game is supported with both DX 9 and DX 10. In case you want to change to DX 9 to DX 10 you have to simply open the system.cfg file which is located at the root directory of the game. Here you have to search for r_driver dx9 line and enter r_driver dx10 instaed of r_driver dx9. In case you don’t have r_driver dx9 then simply add the r_driver dx10 line and save the file after doing editing. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Well I don’t know why this particular problem is happing on your system but I think I can let you something which you can use to solve the problem of yours. According to my opinion I recommend that you should try to play the game in to resolution of 800x600 which is available in to Gamer Settings. Well I have seen that using this particular settings game seems to be more stable then it was before. Another thing I recommend that you should update the drivers of the graphic card. Why because I have seen such problem might be occurring due to older drivers.

Let me know whether the solutions which are provided by the other users in this thread helped you or not. In case none of above mentioned solution helped you tio fix the problem then I think you should contact the developer of the game with this particular issue. I think they are the person who can fix this matter. They will work around the problem and release the update for the same. I am hoping that they help you out from this issue.