Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2011

Fishville developers lying all the way?

Yesterday's sale was a mixed bag for me. I was happy to get LE fish I thought I'd never get, and a couple of decor items at a good price. I spent the Sand Dollars required to get all 3 new fish as well. However, one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had also occurred yesterday morning when I had to sell and restock both my and my friend's tanks of VIP fish. That brings me to my thread title. I know the mods want us to be happy, positive and constructive. Sometimes what's needed though, is an ample dose of plain, unvarnished truth, and the truth is that this game is virtually unplayable at times.
Old 25-02-2011

Re: Fishville developers lying all the way?

The simple act of selling fish, buying eggs, hatching eggs and then feeding the new fish deteriorates into a nightmare of: selling fish, buying eggs that don't hatch, refreshing game, returning to the right tank, buying more eggs after you see that only 25 of your 40 eggs have hatched, being interrupted by a pop-up while buying eggs and having to go back to the store, flip through 9 pages to get to the convict surgeons and finally buying 15 more eggs that hatch, feeding fish, getting an out-of-sync message that makes you refresh again, re-feeding the fish you already fed because now the last 15 seem to have not gotten fed even though you spread fish food an inch deep on the bottom of the tank. Rinse and repeat 7 times, or, in my case, 15 times. Fast forward two, yes two hours, and I'm done.
Old 25-02-2011

I won't even mention the fact that this is the second time I've purchased VIP fish only to find that I did not get the promised experience increases. My friend gets an average experience increase of 20 or so per level. I bought convicts at level 99 for 1091 experience. Today I bought my last batch at level 112 for 1097 experience. A whopping half point per level. Buying and selling fish is the cornerstone of this game. You can have the most gorgeous themes and magnificent fish, which Fishville has. But what good is it if the basic premise of the game. buying and selling fish, causes it's players SO much frustration that they're ready to find the nearest bar after taking care of their tanks for the day? In the three months I've played Fishville, I've neverR seen any kind of official response to the basic, gameplay issue I've outlined above.
Old 25-02-2011

Not only did this make me laugh several times. but it was done in a very positive and constructive way. Amazing post doll. On that note though, yes the game lag is unbearable. And in case anyone hasn't noticed, the pop-ups for going to each neighbor's tanks are back as well. $450+ million should be enough to hire a few more possibly even more skilled programmers to get rid of the dang lag. buy more and faster servers. and fix the bugs with the "VIP" fish. I think they try to saturate the game with new stuff to make you excited to play again to see what has been added, but one week longer of a theme to fix the bug not come out with another high dollar sd theme. would be great.
Old 25-02-2011

Actually we are all well aware that there are negative aspects to gaming in addition to the positive, and personally I think that it helps a company grow when they hear about flaws that needs to be fixed. But, as long as you guys keep the negative constructive and without being disrespectful we really can all work together. I love how your post was very constructively put. I have had the problem with non-hatching fish eggs myself so I hear you and I am sure with this well put post, others are standing by and taking notice as well. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 25-02-2011

I don't think that having the fish get sick makes the game more realistic. Real fish don't need feeding every few minutes or every few hours, and real fish don't get sick or die if you don't feed them every few minutes or every few hours. Having said that I don't actually have a problem with the fish getting sick. Like most people, it's the fact that all fish past level 4 have had their growth rates sped up so now there are some fish that you simply can't keep anymore. The thing that annoyed me most though was this: whenever the zynga releases new fish or new decorations they send out a big announcement, but with this they never said a word. People just logged onto the game to find tanks of sick fish and no word of explanation. It took hours for them to tell us what was going on.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,