Thread: In Fishville do you support the 'sick fish' upgrade?

In Fishville do you support the 'sick fish' upgrade?

So I thought I would make a thread on the sick fish, for people to be CIVIL and voice their ideas and concerns to Zynga without being abusive. First my thoughts.. forum users always plead with Zynga to make it more realistic, ie. more choice so you can build a reef or whatever. As a keeper of fish I know it costs an absolute fortune when something goes wrong with your tank, not just for medication but to replace the fish that could not be saved lost one this morning to Ich. not pleasant. So I would think again before shouting and screaming about this update. A game should be difficult as well as being enjoyable. Where's the fun in a game that throws Sand Dollar at you and lets you have everything you want? So the aim of this thread is for people to give Zynga ideas to improve this update for the players, personally I think its too much to ask to save a whole tank of fish at 1 Sand Dollar per fish. So 1 Sand Dollar per bottle of medication for example would be more realistic and more manageable.

Re: In Fishville do you support the 'sick fish' upgrade?

As I said in another thread, I think that the fish we pay SD's for should be exempt from getting sick or aging at the baby/junior rate. I just can't keep the ones that get hungry every 3-10 hours alive during the week with my 9-5 work schedule and after work activities, and really can't afford $20 give or take a week to heal sick virtual fish. I don't mind purchasing SDs for cool limited edition fish or decor every once in a while, but I can't afford to constantly shell out $$ just to keep these fish alive every day.

I am a paying player of Fishville and have spent tons of money on the limited fish and whatnot. I do think the idea of sick fish due to improper care is a good idea, but paying real money to keep a virtual fish from perishing is ridiculous. I think they should have it where you can buy individual capsules for coins and then a bottle of say 100 capsules for 1-2 Sand Dollars. In summary, I like the "sick fish" idea if it didn't accelerate the growth and feeding of adult fish; that is, if it were a new intermediate step between starving fish and dead fish on the same old feeding cycles. But I don't like seeing my level 50 fish needing to be fed like a baby fish again.

Many of us have lives that don't allow us to constantly care for the "fast" fish which become (became) low maintenance once they hit adult (level 4). Now I have sardines going hungry every three minutes, a goby that gets hungry every five minutes, et cetera. That's a constant blight on the tank. Plus, the fact that we have to feed these fish twice as often in order to keep them growing into adulthood is a rather poor "feature" for those of us who only check in once or twice a day and aren't tethered to the game 24/7. I have six empty tanks now. I sold all the non-SD fish in my "farming" tanks and feel no desire to replace them as long as this ill-advised idea is imposed on me. The rest may follow soon if this "feature" remains in place, even the Haiti Wrasse.

Well, somehow I got chosen and again this morning I have a tank (40) fish with red X's that were perfectly fine when I went to bed and didn't need to be fed for a day or so. I also have a few specimen's which I used the few crumbs of "medicine" on. It has literally taken all of the fun out of the game for me. It really bothers me that I am so upset about it, it's just a stupid game, right? Can't, and even if I could, won't. pay money for this. Not flaming anyone, I guess they can do what they want with the game. The thing that bothers me the worst is that one can't remove the sick fish. You have to look at them and feel guilty for two days before they finally expire. In real life I just dip that fish out and flush!

I believe that the aspect of this "feature" that makes it reprehensible is that it costs actual money to revive a dead fish or heal an ailing fish when some of these fish are purchased for actual money in the first place. If I purchase an item (virtual or not) and it's advertised in a certain way (for example, I would carefully choose a real currency fish that had a feeding schedule I could follow so as not to risk losing it) and then the company tells me (without an original warning) that if I don't pay random and continuing amounts to keep that item... well, that's not only false advertising, it's also theft. The second this happens to a fish that I've purchased with real money I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They can cry "beta" all they want and have us place a check mark in the "terms of service" box, but there are some business practices that are illegal and some rights that a consumer can't optionally waive, and the moment they took money from us for a product they became a business and we became consumers. I honestly believe that Fishville doesn't have the same legal and customer service supervision that the other teams have or things like this wouldn't happen.

I don't mind the idea of making the game more realistic at all, and I do understand that some people have been chosen to test this feature. The main problem I have is the same problem others seem to have, the aging rate. Call me sentimental but I kept my first two Dart Gobies. Named 'em and everything. And now they keep needing to be fed every 5-10 minutes, then get sick. I really would prefer to keep them, and I could if the age rate wasn't every 5 minutes. It makes sense that if you have adult fish and they only need to be fed every 2 days, then probably far fewer people would have sick fish, therefore far fewer would be buying medicine. So, it makes sense for Zynga to make money by switching the aging back to the baby rate. It makes sense for Zynga, but totally stinks for us. I also read threads about how much medicine people were given and that seems to be totally random as well.

I would much prefer that things be fair and across the board. Every "tester" of sick fish should have been given the same amount of meds. Again, I'm cool with the idea of making this realistic. feeding schedules, sick fish and the like. I'm not cool with different things happening for different people. Hard to test when some people have 3 sick fish and 15 medicines and some have 15 sick fish and 3 medicines. You know what I'm saying? Ah well, we'll see how it goes. The bugs will be worked out eventually Still a cool game. I don't have real life fish. I'm afraid my real life cats would eat them.

I may be the only one but i want the "Mushrooms" not the crap that you get for the Mushrooms grr I want to put the mushrooms in my tank.. thats just mean that they went in a stupid basket and i have to trade them. i thought finally they are giving something I think is cool and I can actually get it unlike the stuff i think is cool that i cant get because you have to have the cash then I went to put it in my tank and it disappeared I was shocked and sad actually. anyone who has unlocked all six prizes post a screenshot please? It'd be nice to know what everything looks like before I make up my mind to go through the trouble of sending/receiving/saving up mushrooms.