Thread: Screen flickering on Crysis 2 with crossfire

Screen flickering on Crysis 2 with crossfire

I am running Windows Vista operating system on my desktop machine and this desktop has a two graphic card installed on it. I am trying to play the Crysis 2 but there is something wrong with the game or the setting as there too much flickering while playing this game. I am able to play other games without any problem but when it comes to the Crysis 2 then game starts flickering like hell. Please help me guys, This has ruined my game!

Re: Screen flickering on Crysis 2 with crossfire

There are many problems with the display, it was generally their LCD Cable he needed to change or sent to sav for repairs. Now I advise you to find the official drivers from your motherboard and not the beta etc.. I also read that someone had updated its bios a blinking problem and that it was set and also Played software to configure your graphics card to overclock, although I find it weird but good. Problem was solved, but I will not advisable to overclock.

You can remove this screen flicker by asking Vista UAC to display the alert on your desktop as usual. The procedure is different depending on your version of Vista, but Vista Home Basic and Premium, run the registry by going to the Start menu on your computer and typing "regedit", then pull the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System. In the last key "System", locate the key named "PromptOnSecureDesktop", double click it to edit the data from this value by changing the value to "0". Then close the registry of your system, then restart your computer. Now the UAC warning will appear over your standard desktop without the screen flicker does happen for a few seconds. Windows Vista Professional Edition (Business) and Ultimate (Ultimate) will also in the Start menu on your computer and type in the search box the command "secpol.msc. Deploy menus "Security Settings" then "Local Policies" and "Security Options". Double-click the option "User Account Control: Switch to Secure Desktop during a request for elevation" and select "Off." Also restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Windows Vista has a protection mode by which, even in administrator mode, all applications run with minimal rights. But certain applications and certain functions of the system need more rights to operate. In such cases, application or system function performs a privilege escalation leading to the appearance of a warning for "User Account Control". To prevent hackers hijack this alert and fly without your knowledge, this is done by default on another secure desktop (Vista makes a screenshot of your session and uses it as the wallpaper secure desktop). However, when Vista switched from your desktop to the secure desktop, it occurs off screen which can be very uncomfortable with some monitors ... You can remove this flicker asking Vista to display the alert on the desktop rather than normal on the secure desktop.