Thread: zombie mode no more in Vampire Wars

zombie mode no more in Vampire Wars

I have been gone for a while so I am sorry if this question has already been asked but has zombie mode been eliminated? I log out with 15 health log in a day later and dropped major skill points and been attacked hundreds of times. I've noticed that you will leave zombie mode if you accept gifts. Did you accept gifts at any time before logging back in? I have been playing this game from almost the day when it was released on Facebook.

Re: zombie mode no more in Vampire Wars

I play the game throughout the day in zombie mode. When my health creeps up as I'm doing missions, I attack someone and I'm safe again. Never been attacked if I logged out as a zombie. However, at one time, it was possible to earn SR off of zombies, and at another time, FB would have fights listed with outrageous blood amounts (like millions to billions lost in a fight w/one vamp) but the data wasn't real. In other words, the blood amounts were wrong and attacks on your zombie would still appear on the Facebook feed but would not appear within the games news. Although it appeared on FB, the attacks had no real impact on your vamp. I have been hitlisted at the same moment that I zombie several times, and ended up getting killed after my health dropped below 20. That normally happens when the system is busy and there's a delay between when the hit was placed and when my vamp dropped below 20. I've also died at the same moment that someone hitlisted me, so I ended up killed by HL when I was already dead. Both deaths counted too. If this is happening to you, document your steps with screenshots after each click, and then post to the bug’s forum showing the sequence of events as you logged out well under 20 and later, when you logged back in with SR & blood lost.

What? Zombie mode is when your health is under 20, whether you're logged in or not. Hit fight list or HL, fight till your health's under 20, voila! Zombie mode. As in, you can't put (vamp name) on the HL, they're already dead - means player is zombie. Fight list, attack opponent, get 70k or 140k, attack button disappears - opponent either already in or you knocked them to zombie (under 20 health). Now occasionally, especially if you've got a Warlock's Gift buff, you may be logging out with health at 19, but if there's a lag in your log-out it may be possible that your health is really back to 20 on actual log out. Had it happen to me once. Very strange experience! Otherwise, if you're under 20 and logging out, you should be zombie and should not be able to be affected by attacks whether you win or lose.

To clarify a bit what lamia said zombie mode: health under 20, can't be attacked or hitlisted going into zombie mode: attacking until your health goes under 20 now, because of how info is sent to the servers you have to refresh the page to send updated current info about your health/rage/energy stats. that means that you can get your health under 20 and then sit there staring at your computer screen until your health gets above 20, but until you refresh the page and send the updated info to the servers you are still considered "dead", which is why you can get your health bellow 20 and log out, close the browser, close the tab, pretty much just don't refresh the page and you cannot be attacked until you come back. This can't fail, unless you
    a) Have set your browser to auto refresh,
    b) Were very close to 20 health and there was lag (you can sometimes be attacked once even though you think you're in zombie mode),
    c) Someone else accessed your account and refilled your health. Since the OP was away from her computer for a while I ruled out a and b, which left me with c.

I am playing on MySpace. Last night I Signed Out directly from my open Vampires page. I was down to 5 healths. Approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes before I even woke up and turned on my computer and checked into my MySpace Account I was attacked and lost skill Ranking, Points and 100K. Don't know if any of this is now affecting the Zombie mode. While in Zombie I: am used as back-up and receive votes. (I believe this is supposed to be the case). But, could it be that any of the non combat activities are now bringing a Vamp out of Zombie? Somehow a Vamp is being brought out of Zombie Mode without the Vamp's computer even being on

That’s not the same a hacking, you're just using tactics that this game allows, and it’s within the ToS. I don't know much about hacking MySpace apps since I have not used MySpace for too long, but I do know that hacking MySpace accounts themselves used to be extremely easy. Supposedly they have made progress in making it more secure, though by the looks of it I'd have to disagree. I agree with Tor that honest players are becoming harder to find, and that the newest leaders on the dead list did not legitimately earn their votes, but someone else already made a post about that last week.

So THAT’S why the attack button disappears. I just figured the screen wasn’t refreshing so I just click on the Vamp, and then attack from there. It normally comes back for me after that. So, is this also the reason I will get a screen saying that I have killed my opponent, and then I can still attack, get XP and cash? I did it accidentally, (I tend to rapid click the attack button) saw the screen flash that I killed my opponent and then I got another $350k, and 8XP before my health fell too low. It’s all making sense to me now! I still don’t think it’s all that cool that I was able to attack someone I had killed.