Thread: Can't get customers in Cafe World

Can't get customers in Cafe World

I am level 60, I've been able to regularly maintain a 105 rating, but recently my rating just took a nose dive down to 5.0 and won't move, no matter what I do. I literally have over 80,000 servings of different meals on counters waiting to be eaten, but people barely come into my cafe. My staff stands around all day doing nothing. There is nothing obstructing them from getting to the food to serve it. All tables and chairs are arranged so foot traffic is clear for all to roam freely. There are multiple doors on the building. I have built as big as I can go for now. I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong, since I haven't changed anything other than expanding to the current maximum layout. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Can't get customers in Cafe World

I think the problem might be that you have too many tables. Other than in the initial load-up, you're only going to have, at most, 18 customers in your cafe per minute; so you only need about 20 tables to prevent a customer from leaving with a thumbs-down rating. Otherwise, what'll happen is that a customer who picks a seat on the far side of the room will not get served quickly enough since your counter-to-table distance is too long. This results in the customer leaving with a thumbs-down, dropping your buzz even further...

You have to get rid of your extra tables, and make sure the distance between the remaining tables and the counters are relatively short. Depending on their layout scheme some chefs like to have their counters more centrally located in their café so that their wait staff can serve the customers a little more efficiently. This definitely helps in a café your size. But, as you probably already know given the level you're at, you'll have to do a bit of experimenting to see what works for you. Also, if you haven't already, double-check to make sure you've hired all of your waiters.

I have the same problem, I am level 68 and have always had a steady rating of around 100, I have always logged into my cafe several times a day and the food has always disappeared really quickly but ever since I upgraded to the new extension my buzz has dropped to 5 and I have no customers. I logged in today after being off line for about 6 hours to find I had collected just 10 coins in 6 hours although I have 13 counters full of food which just isn't going down at all, I have food which is waiting to be served but I can't get it on the counters and I am loathe to delete dishes just for the sake of it.

I do not have too many tables - I checked through the forum yesterday and followed all the advice, I got rid of excess tables, moved what was left around to ensure there was plenty of walking space for my waiters, I have nothing obstructing doors, tables etc but still no change. This must surely be a bug in the new extension! I have tried leaving my cafe running and if I do that then yes, the buzz rating does slowly move upwards but I can't just leave my computer on for hours on end and I never had to before, I just don't see what else I can do.

With the exception of the 4 tables/chairs along the wall that I added after this last expansion, I have had this same layout for quite some time and until now it has worked perfectly. I mean, as you can see, I haven't bothered to cook anything on my stoves since no one comes in to eat, and I have 15 other things waiting to be served in my gifts. I can try removing the extra tables/chairs that I added and see if that makes any difference, but I don't see why my layout would matter, since it's worked so well up until I expanded this last time. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes if it changes anything.