Thread: Returning gifts in Treasure Isle

Returning gifts in Treasure Isle

Normally if I receive a gift from one of my neighbors I will return the favor - however it seems that this function has changed and I get the list of all friends (NB even though most times it says TI friends there is a complete list of my friends - even those that do NOT play) instead - I don't want to send gifts to everybody at that stage (I do that separately)- just those who have sent me something. Is anyone else experiencing this? And Treasure Isle developers - when asking for gifts to complete buildings etc can we please have the same function as Frontierville i.e. send one and you get one also?

Re: Returning gifts in Treasure Isle

I agree, STUPID. This game is constantly one step forward, two steps back. Why should I send out gifts to my friends when I know that I won't get half of them back? It is so much easier when it's all one step. By The Way, I love how you can now sell those stupid red chests all at one time. And how the page doesn't shift page to page 1 of the gifts after the sale. Great move, Treasure Island.

I just recently (today) had a change in the way I return gifts. I now have to find the person’s name in the list of all my neighbors and when I do send it, the game loads instead of being asked if I have more gifts to accept. I really hope this does not stay this way. Nobody will return gifts because it becomes way too time consuming. I was surprised when i came to these forums and didn’t see anyone else posting a thread about this.

So now, when accepting a gift, we are presented with the usual 'return the favor' link. Only that it redirects to the list of ALL friends - with the message 'send to whomever you want'. That's not fair! Why should someone else get the thank you gift, than the person who sent it in the first place? The least you should do is making it default to send to the original sender and then give the option to add other people. Also, no one wants to spend ages combing through the massive friends list to find the original sender on it.

Rule number ONE...if it isn’t broke; don't "fix" it... Put the gifting back to where it was before you cause more people to stop playing...including me. People send out gifts of a certain item in hope of getting that item in return because it is what they need. Putting up a list of people, which as it was pointed out in a previous post is the complete friends list instead of T.I. neighbors as it eludes to, is ridiculous. And to top it off, after sending the gift the app loads automatically. Too much time and too much effort. I would LOVE to hear what the thought was on this. I'm laughing at the "superior intellect". I understand and am patient (to a point) with glitches that come up from time to time, but when something gets changed purposefully to make the game less user-friendly I have to wonder why. Please focus on the things that don't work correctly instead of changing the few things that work well. I apologize to my T.I. neighbors, but until this is corrected I will not be answering requests. I have neither the time nor the inclination to make the effort required by this new change. My guess is that the natural progression to it all is that nobody will get what they need and therefore get frustrated to the point that they stop playing altogether.

I hate the new gift return system! By the time the list loads I forgot who I'm supposed to be sending it to! Then when I'm done it takes me to the game instead of giving me the option to get more requests. Now I'm getting fewer gifts returned from my neighbors because the process is too clunky - people don't want to go through that much effort just to return a favor! Very poorly thought-out process here Zynga. Fire that designer! Or make them play the game so they can see what a pain it is!