Thread: Maps worth buying and replaying in Treasure Isle

Maps worth buying and replaying in Treasure Isle

I have some Treasure Isle Cash and I was wondering which maps are good buys. I'm looking into something that has the most (valuable) treasures, uses the least gems, and has the least rock/crate (10-15) tiles. Furthermore, I'm wondering which maps are the most worth replaying, with the same scenario as above. I know there are some Asian isles that only require cheap jade keys and no gems, so should I go with those alone?

Re: Maps worth buying and replaying in Treasure Isle

Maybe you got some advice for me as well. I am looking for island cash maps that got monkeys around. With some it’s obvious, but I wonder if there’s any way to see what the island looks like before i actually spend my cash on it...
    TREASURE ISLE i have reached level 45
    MAFIA WARS i have reached level 142
    CAFE WORLD i have reached level 150
    FRONTIERVILLE i have reached level 25
    FARMVILLE i have reached level 85

Why is super secret base a good one to replay? I am not arguing with you, just looking at your logic to see if I would agree with you. (I don't have super secret base unlocked yet, so I don't really know one way or the other). I have been doing Monks retreat. It is 25 map fragments, but it has three or four multiple digs on it, and it's quick to finish. Also, I think its 400 Xp to finish. I am going to go check out super secret base, because I'm kind of tired of doing Monks Retreat.

I actually took the time to dig several times on both lands before shrine and super secret base, because those are the only two permanent maps that, back when I first started digging on them, could give me 1-2 levels per completion of the map while all others would give one level or less. That meant they had the highest exp/energy spent ratio of any map available. The only map that was better was taken away before it was supposed to be removed, village glace of the North Pole maps (thanks, zynga!). If we look at some hypothetical numbers, to make it simple as a comparison between LBS, SSB, and MR, let's see how it works out. the actual numbers can vary, since not all treasures are always ready to trade. SSB costs 25 map fragments, uses about 25 gems, requires about 2100 energy, and gets you approximately 2400 exp.
    LBS costs 10 map fragments, uses 5 gems, requires about 600 energy, and gets you approximately 650 experience.
    Those two are confirmed averages of at least three completed trips through those maps.
    For MR, let's say it takes 25 maps (confirmed), ? gems, and maybe 1200 energy, since I know this maps is a bit bigger than LBS.
    ratio comparison :
    SSB - 25 mf/25 gems = 1 gem/map frag
    _____2400 exp/2100 en = 1.14 exp per point of energy spent
    LBS - 10 mf/5 gems - .5 gem/map frag
    _____650 exp/600 en = 1.08 exp per point of energy spent
    And, of course, now I get hypothetical. Based on your description "it's easy to finish", that means it will not take too much energy. based on my experience one time through, it doesn't give much more exp than LBS.
    MR - 25 mf/0 gems = 0
    ____1000 exp/1200 en = .83 exp per point of energy spent
    based on those numbers, you can see that MR is not as efficient, energy- or map frag-wise as LBS or SSB. This is why I chose the maps I did for repeated replay, since I am still working on beating all my neighbors to level 600. The reason I quit doing LBS except to keep it prepped as a level-topper is because it was always demanding too many of my rarest gem. Now that I've skipped it for a while, I could easily go back for many more trips without running out of gems. Keep those gem totals in mind, plus what color it demands of you, to determine if it's good to do now or stock up and come back later. How well has this strategy worked? I do not spend real money, nor have I spent IC on energy packs. About 4-6 months ago, when I was level 140, I had a neighbor join that was level 150, and another neighbor joined that was level 210. By using a calculated fruit & energy pack usage/map completion strategy to avoid energy waste as much as possible, and mostly focusing on LBS and SSB as they became available to me, I have surpassed those neighbors by at least 70 levels. I am now almost level 490, while they are almost level 420 (the one that started at level 150) and level 330 (the one that started at level 210). In addition, I now have all maps completed except the last three underwater maps, because I choose to only use my free oxygen in case a quest comes along where I need more than 10 minutes of digging, so I can use a tank at that time.

Well, I totally agree with you. SSB is the best that I've tried. After I posted my question, I unlocked SSB and have played nothing else (except new maps and quest maps) since. I am finished with all maps, as well. Now, I'm just depleted on map fragments, or else I'd keep doing SSB! I have been using all my extra energy by doing the wishing well. Getting some of the collections finished that way. But, you made a believer out of me. SSB is my favorite map.
    Now, we just need to find a more efficient way of getting map fragments. I ask my friends every day, but I usually only get to replay SSB once a day or twice every third day or so.
    Nice information! Thanks!

You’re welcome, now here's a tip for getting those frags. If you have no relics to build, this will be easier. If you choose to do all your requesting at one time of day, or even if you spread it out, you should be able to get at least two frags per day from each person willing to click. The way to do it is to double-post your request. This simply means request it, and then request it again. You should also be asking for tickets as well, but of course that request is once daily for the wall post. If you want to help ensure you can do the map more often, build more tikis and Poseidon’s. I have 5 tikis and 20 Poseidon’s. I can get as many as 20+ map fragments per day from my relics, but usually less. Working on new isles and rationing my frag usage, I can usually maintain a stock of 50-100 frags while still having both SSB and LBS open at the same time. P.S. your chosen name here suggests you might be my neighbor in TI. is your name there the same, only written out?