Thread: crysis 2 beta wont start after clicking crysis.exe

crysis 2 beta wont start after clicking crysis.exe

I have recently installed the crysis 2 beta version. But after installing it, when I am trying to play it by clicking on shortcut icon (crysis.exe), the game is not getting started.!!! I just want to know that anyone from your side has tried to play it.? Is there some other way to start the game? I have played many games before, but never had an issue while starting. I hope that you members will make some help for me. Since, I am new here, I am requesting you all to ignore my mistakes and provide some useful help.

Re: crysis 2 beta wont start after clicking crysis.exe

Let me tell you frankly that I have not started playing yet (will complete the download soon). But I think that you should try playing the game directly from location where it is installed, and not using the shortcut icon. I know that this is silly way of troubleshooting but many time it works. So, you can give a try before doing anything major with that game. Because I know that again installing will waste your time. For example, if you have installed that game in C: drive (by default), go in c and then crysis 2 folder. There you will find crysis.exe, just click on it and check whether it is working or not?! If no, then you will have to try installing the game again by some another source.

Even I think that you will have to change the source. I am sure that some files of that game are missing, so you are not able to start. Also I would like to say that many other members had started playing this game, so definitely there must be no issue while starting. Only one recommendation for you, try some another link from where you can download the beta version properly.

I can't believe that no-body has mentioned anything about the requirements. Let me tell you that if you are not having minimum requirements that are needed for that game, your game will not start. So first check whether you are having minimum or recommended specifications needed to play that game. Specifically the graphic card, which plays vital role in gaming. If you are having proper configuration then you can change the source of the game from where you downloaded.

if there is a devmode.bat file in the bin32 and bin64 folder.. try to open that.. it works on me.. or in its shorcut, go to its properties, then shortcut tab.. then on the target just add " -devmode".. just like in crysis 1..