Thread: Mission requests out of control in FrontierVille

Mission requests out of control in FrontierVille

These missions are getting out of control. All I'm doing is begging neighbors for things. It's clogging up the newsfeed and it's annoying. And if you want to complete earlier, it now costs 7 horseshoes per? So completing one mission can cost up to 370 horseshoes? Are you kidding me? Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the number of members have gone down by more than 70,000 in the last month. If things don't change soon, I'm going to be one of them. I don't mind paying to play a little bit, but this is insane. Come-on Zynga, be good to your fans.

Re: Mission requests out of control in FrontierVille

A great way to ask for help without spamming non-FrontierVille players is to create a "list" of friends in Facebook. I named my list "FrontierVille" and put everyone who plays the game on that list. Now, whenever I have to ask friends for something, I click the little box next to "Send" and set it to only "FrontierVille." This way, I'm not bothering anyone who isn't already playing the game. In general though, I do hate that it's all spam your friends. I would love to do more things myself; but then I get missions like "Sell 90 adult cows" and I change my mind!

Well losing 8 million users explains why they constantly have us harassing nonpayers for items. Did they ever think that maybe it was because of the constant asking neighbors for items and no storage for items that people got tired of playing? Since Facebook changed a few things recently, unless your friends allow the game access, they will not see any of your wall posts in their news feed. The only way they see them is if the go to your profile page. So, really, you don't need to make lists anymore.

Too many of my neighbors have quit the game. Every time I think hey, why not treat myself to a few $ worth? They come up with a new feed spam like the wagon trailers that you don't get by clicking on others' posts so you have to get 40 of them only from your own posts. It's weird, because during the 10 days everybody was so happy about the missions which didn't need spamming. Spamming is not the similar, you get more players by making the game fun (which is why players keep giving Zynga valuable feedback!), and not by having the ones you already have spam their Facebook friends who didn't want to play to begin with.

For my own very casual style of play the missions are way beyond anything that I want to feel compelled to finish. Why should I have to build an Inn just to take care of an injured animal? I shouldn’t have the option just to consume that animal? It's not actually a frontier; it's a city planning game where we don't actually kill and eat stuff. I took the whole animal thing in stride, but today's additional mission of the Pox added even more items to complete. I have up till now to finish my shed, trading post, or land expansions, and over the past couple of days I have been coerced into adding an Inn and a Doctor's Office. I know when it's time to quit.

I have been working toward an expansion for weeks now - it requires 30 fires! It will take me a year to get 25 fires! Now, along comes the Pox and it requires 5 more fire to cure! There is no way I am going to accomplish these missions and I am getting truly frustrated! Am I missing some secret that would make these things a little simpler to do? I like challenge, but this is getting ludicrous! Then to top it all off I am spending half my energy on whacking varmints. The stupid groundhog or gopher trap is worthless. I am getting really frustrated.