Thread: Does it is allowed to do more than 1 treasure collection in Treasure isle

Does it is allowed to do more than 1 treasure collection in Treasure isle

Treasure Isle was designed to trade in each treasure collection only once. However, until recently, there was a bug, or loophole, that allowed us to trade treasure collections indefinitely -- anytime we completed one. Zynga fixed the bug and restored the game to the original intent.
    Should Zynga reconsider and allow treasure collections to be traded in more than once?

Re: Does it is allowed to do more than 1 treasure collection in Treasure isle

It doesn't make the game easier or harder. This is about giving the game some meaning. What's the point of endlessly collecting the same treasures if you can't do anything with them? Sure you can gift neighbors, but before long everyone has completed all the collections. And when you do gift your newer neighbors, it kind of kills their incentive to explore new islands that contain already-completed treasure collections.

I have about 160 neighbors, most of them very active and addicted. Recently about 20 friends stopped playing Treasure Isle, and my Treasure Isle news feed getting poorer and poorer since new changes. Here is the difference: before - SHOW 166 SIMILAR POSTS or SHOW 118 SIMILAR POSTS. Now - SHOW 37 SIMILAR POSTS or SHOW 5 SIMILAR POSTS. Before I was getting around 120 mango's every single day, and now around 40- 50.

I think we should be able to trade them in repeatedly, but I think only the first trade in should give experience. Subsequent trades should give gold, gems, map fragments, or so on based on which level of treasure you are trading. If you were able to get the full experience amount every time you traded in a collection, that would be equivalent to giving some of the longtime players with multiples of each collection a ridiculous amount of free energy refills.

If they wanted to give a slightly smaller XP reward for turn-ins after the first one, that wouldn't bother me, but we need to be able to turn in multiple sets. I've finished over half the islands so far, and I have tons of duplicate sets lying around already. If I can't turn in multiple sets, I don't see any reason to replay islands. That's going to make the game pretty dull once I finish the islands I have left, and I doubt I'll play much anymore.

I am all for trading in multiple sets even if it is for a lower incentive. All good points have been raised in this thread. Probably the biggest point is about replaying islands. However, if they (Zynga) are so set against multiple trade-ins then perhaps some incentive to gift our extras to neighbors. We did the digging so we may as well get something for it. Perhaps each piece could have a set price in gold and when we visit our neighbors' islands we could check their inventory of extras that are for sale kind of like a tag sale or flea market. Now obviously this could open a whole new can of worms for other issues so I guess there could be a limit put on as to how many items can be purchased from each neighbor or an overall daily limit...whatever. Regardless, we dig, we find, we want compensation. Mafia Wars collections have "boosts" so there is another idea. This doesn't have to be rocket science nor do we have to reinvent the wheel. Zynga needs to make money but at the same time the player needs to have an enjoyable experience.

If they could change something like the animal collection because of opinion then surely they can change this. It is not easy to gift away these items. The only way to gift them is through wish lists. Most of my neighbors no longer play because of this issues. Only about 3 or 4 have a wish list and they are for the same rare items I'm looking for. So the treasures will just keep sitting there, doing nothing. Even if we got an energy refill, or fruit or gems as a result of completing a collection a second time would be good. The game is about digging up treasure, and due to their own design we inevitably dig up some collections multiple times. So all the effort is going to waste and the very idea of the game, to dig up treasure and trade it in is gone against. It’s like a parent saying "Oh if you clean your room I'll add extra money to your allowance, but I'll only do it the first time you do it", - where's the incentive to keep going.