Thread: Pet Cash in Petville

Pet Cash in Petville

Well - I think I'll be giving up this game too when "Petville Coins" come along. So far, the buying-field has been pretty universal and fun to level up so that you could shop with regular coin but if Petville follows in the way of all the other Zynga games, all the "cool" stuff will only be available with "Coin", meaning you have to buy it. I get really, really, tired of this...and I really enjoyed Petville, too.

Re: Pet Cash in Petville

I have been playing this Zynga Petville game on Facebook. I play Petville pretty frequently I don't understand what you are referring to. The ability to purchase coins has been around since the beginning. Nothing has been made exclusive to these coins at all. If you buy any of them they simply add to the pile you already have. That's not to say they won't do anything of the sort in the future, but right now there is no such system.

I understand your point . . . but have to tell you . . . I HOPE they come up with some sort of coin that's difficult to obtain in game play but can be purchased. You see . . . it takes many people working together to create and run a great game like Petville. The fabulous artists . . . computer techs, support team, etc. would be unable to do what they do without compensation. Since it's possible to play this game and ALL the games, actually without spending a penny . . .it takes customers willing to invest to provide a great free game for the rest of us. So . . . while it's nice not to have to pay for things in Petville . . . I think they'll eventually have to have something like FV cash to secure the continuity of this game

I wish I could say i don't agree with you, but I do to a point. I see totally where you are coming from that people put a lot of time and effort into creating this game (and could probably put a little more into maintaining it at times!!) and deserve to be paid for this. They do get revenue from advertising etc but I am sure that having the equiv of fv cash would help a lot. With respect to them bringing out items that can only be purchased through this 'cash' I don't like that in Farmville and wouldn't really like it here either. Because they usually cost quite a bit of farm cash and I isn’t prepared or able to spend real money on 'cash'. I think that a good way of doing it would be bring out the item for both 'cash' and the regular coin, but make the regular coin price quite high, to compensate for the fact that it is free. so that way people who cannot afford the 'cash' option can get the item, but it will take a considerable amount of coin to do so.

The thing is . . . it’s entirely possible to play from beginning to end without the fluff stuff sold in FV. I think the same would happen here (if it were to ever come to that). Purchasing the cash items isn't in anyway Germaine to the game. So, while not necessary to have a certain graphic in our pet's home, it might be kind of nice. In which case, we'd be tempted to spend real cash. If we could get something for free just by putting in more time in the game and earning virtual coins, why would we spend real money? And if we don't, how long will this free game last?

I think it's fine if future development comes up with spending real money for additional features. However, where I would not be happy is if spending real money becomes a fundamental requirement of playing the game. As an example, I also play Packrat, and if you pay actual money you have access to retired items and can get items earlier than others. Could one get by on that game without paying? Of course! Paying real money is not an integral element of that game, but it offers some perks.