Thread: Farmville : Greenhouse Guide: The Basics

Farmville : Greenhouse Guide: The Basics

Greenhouses are out in Farmville! For those of you who have not received one automatically via Pop-up, they can be found in your Market. [Similarly to the Cupid's Castle and Haunted House buildings from before]

Once you find a spot for your Greenhouse, you will be prompted through an automated walk-through that explains how the Greenhouse works. The guide I'm creating here is just going to walk-through some of the main points and benefits that it provides to us farmers.

Greenhouse Phases:

There are 3 Levels of the Greenhouse.

Note: Once you have at least Level 1 completed, neighbors are then able to harvest from your GreenHouse.

• First Phase Materials for Building needs 4 Nails, 4 Bricks and 4 Wooden Boards
    • Second Phase Materials for Building needs 15 Bricks, 15 Nails, and 15 Wooden Boards
    • Third Phase Materials for Building needs 20 Nails, 20 Bricks and 20 Wooden Boards

Besides trolling your feeds for parts, may I also suggest stocking up on Special Delivery Boxes. For the best utilization of the Boxes, FarmVille : A mini-guide to using the SD Boxes to your best advantage.

Inside the Greenhouse:

Now we are going to look at a basic set-up of seed combination. I am using my own GH as an example. As you can tell my focus is on the Strasberry Crop:

Now, when the Crop slots are empty, there will be a button for placing a seed. Once you click on that a Mini-market will pop up that will give you options on what you can attempt to mix and match to create a hybrid seed. But as we know, there are already a handful of "pre-made" hybrids under the Genealogy Tab.

Genealogy:

As of right now, there are a handful of crops to play with. I'm sure there are plenty more to come, but for now let's look at what we've got:

- To figure out what crops you'll need, click on the hybrid crop and it will show you:

Mystery Seeds:

A few crops require a Mystery Seed. To try and figure out what is required, simply hover over the Mystery Seed packet and a hint will come up. If you can't figure it out, let Google do the looking for you:

Crops:

• -Strasberg [Raspberry+Strawberry]
    • -Purple Tomato [Blueberry+Tomato]
    • -Long Onion [Leeks+Onion]
    • -Sun Poppy [Golden Poppy+Sunflowers]
    • -Double Grain [Wheat+Rice]
    • -Whisky Peat [Rye+Corn]
    • -Fire Pepper [Peppers+Jalepenos]
    • -Squmpkin [Squash+Pumpkin]
    • -Red Spinach [Spinach+Rhubarb]
    • -Lilac Daffy [Lilac+Daffodil]

Crop Mastery Info:

• - Strasberry: 1,000 - 2,000 - 2250
    • - Purple Tomato: 875
    • - Long Onion: 713
    • - Sun Poppy: 448
    • - Double Grain: 450
    • - Whisky Peat: 550
    • - Fire Pepper: 613
    • - Squmpkin: 350
    • - Red Spinach: 390
    • - Lilac Daffy: 325

Crop Times and XP:

Note: The XP numbers are without bushels added to them.

• - Strasberry: 2 Hours -- 2XP.
    • - Purple Tomato: 4 Hours -- 2XP.
    • - Long Onion: 12 Hours -- 3XP.
    • - Sun Poppy: 1 Day -- 3XP.
    • - Double Grain: 12 Hours -- 2XP.
    • - Whisky Peat: 1 Day -- 3XP.
    • - Fire Pepper: 12 Hours -- 3XP.
    • - Squmpkin: 16 Hours -- 3XP.
    • - Red Spinach: 14 Hours -- 3XP.
    • - Lilac Daffy: 16 Hours -- 3XP.

Notes:

- Once a hybrid seed is created, it takes 3 days to Mature. If you'd like to speed the process up, you can enlist the help of 3 friends *OR* pay FVC. It's 2 FVC per person, for a total of 6 FVC for a speed-up on the time.
    - Harvesting other neighbor's Greenhouses gives you the opportunity of receiving and sharing hybrid seeds. You get the chance of gaining 5 per neighbor. Greenhouse Size does NOT matter as long as it's a Lvl1 or higher.
    - If you don't feel like hand picking the crops you need, you can go to the Genealogy Tab, Select the crop you want and click the "buy for xxxx coins" button. You can NOT do this on crops that contain a Mystery Seed packet. You need to figure out which seed is required.
    - You only get 50 seeds per completed slot. So upgrading your Greenhouse for more slots and/or enlisting the help of your neighbors will come in handy.

- The Seeds are placed in your Market in their respective Crop. There will be a number to the right:

You must continue to build up your seed inventory to get your masteries! This is not a "one-go" and then you're finished. It takes some time.

Re: Farmville : Greenhouse Guide: The Basics

This should be self-explanatory but just in case.
    Market is the price of the item in the market (presumably for 1 seed), greenhouse is the price for 50 seeds in the greenhouse.
    Per seed is the price per seed (ie greenhouse price divided by 50).
    Harvest is the time taken to harvest that seed (each seed takes up to 3 days to be produced).
    Sell is the money you get once you harvest your plot and the profit is how much money you'll make (sell price - cost of seed + plowing).
    PPH is how much profit you'll make per hour

Thank you so much you help me a lot by giving this guide, but I have some more questions regarding GreenHouse

1. How many seeds do we get for harvesting a neighbor’s greenhouse?

2. How many neighbors can collect seeds from a feed?

3. How many seeds do we get from collecting off a feed?

4. How many seeds do I get when I accept the shared seeds posted by a neighbor who has harvested my greenhouse?

Here are your answers:

Q: How many seeds do we get for harvesting a neighbor’s greenhouse?

A: Five seeds.

Q: How many neighbors can collect seeds from a feed?

A: I have had up to 3 collect from me. I am unsure if this is the final number.

Q: How many seeds do we get from collecting off a feed?

A: Twenty Seeds.

Q: How many seeds do I get when I accept the shared seeds posted by a neighbor who has harvested my greenhouse?

A: Five Seeds.