Thread: Crysis 2 crashing on Cutscene

Crysis 2 crashing on Cutscene

Hello,
    I had just finished up installing Crysis 2. All things were fine at the time of setup. After a few minutes of play the screen freezes and I had end task the process. Then after a proper reboot the game started again. I completed a few levels. But when the cutscene arise agian the game freezes. Nothing happens there, there is no sound, no mouse cursor. Only after pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del I can stop the game, but this directly reboot my system and I worry this can spoil my operating system. Recently there was no major changes done in the system. I had just run Windows updates and updated my antivirus. Why this is happening then. I also do not has the setup disc for the game. Whey game has suddenly stopped working.

Re: Crysis 2 crashing on Cutscene

You are not the one you face the same issue. But I want to point that this is happens mostly to pirated games. I' have been spent the entire evening trying to make this work but nothing got from this. My machine meets every single requirement of Crysis game. But still I cannot get a single second of this game to work properly. The game just crash instantly. I just get a black screen when I run the game. I update my graphic drivers and all the other things needed. But still there is no success. There might be some kind of patch for this. I am looking for the same. On the same hand things that work well are games like Battlefield. It work at the first setup. The leaked version of the game is just an pain.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo cpu and 2 GB of RAM support. With this I have PowerColor HD 3850 512 MB AGP card which has become quiet old now. The psu is quiet a nice which gives a 500w power. I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP3. Just before some month I had upgraded my gpu. I had added 6800 GT graphic card which is quiet an awesome. In my system I found that the issue was related to Catalyst Control Center crash. This I found out after wasting some times by updating those all things which are not needed. Then later on I also upgraded my Ram to 4Gb and re-installed the control center. After all done properly the game worked for some while. The game is simply not stable.

I have a bit different issue in my system. When I play Crysis 2 the game menu loads fine. But when I start playing my screen sparkles with green pixels for 5 mins. My screen freezes. I was not expecting this. I have a low system config but that does not means that the game crash in such a different way. When I play other games, like Halo 2 my screen freezes for 2 min, but later it starts working. I had not overclocked my system till yet so there is also not a problem of overheating. My gpu temperature stays common at 50 degree Celsius. Other games just work fine but lags in between that can be due to the low system config. This states that the game is really buggy and due to this you are facing the issue. Keep on re-installing it might work.

The first thing for this I can recommend you is to update your graphic driver. That is the most we can do at the start. Second you can try to run the game on compatibility mode if you are using Windows 7. It is better to test everything. Run all the necessary updates for the game needed. You can get the same on the official game requirement page. I tried installing the game on the second partition. It lag for sometime but worked nicely. I think there are lot more needed to be done in the game. It is just a developers copy and it is quiet right that things here is not perfect. You can test the same with the game demo. For time being just skip the game cinematic when the run, you do that by pressing esc or the space key.