Thread: Does Crysis 2 with CryEngine 3 has better performance then the original Crysis with Cryengine 1?

Does Crysis 2 with CryEngine 3 has better performance then the original Crysis with Cryengine 1?

I had successfully installed Crysis on my system. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my system. Right on the system I am getting a 1080p of full resolution and the fps lies between 35-40. Here is my system configuration. I have a Intel i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz and Radeon 5850 gpu. Along with this the ram support is around 6GB and motherboard is Asus P6T. This is quiet a heavy config which fits the need of game. It is just a 2 month old system and I can run games like DiRT, Dead Space, Fallout 3, etc on it with ease. On those I am easily getting from 6fpsto 100fps. But later on coming to crysis things start coming down. So I just want to know that the new Cryengine can be smarter and the performance of the same can also be better. What you recommend for the same.

Re: Does Crysis 2 with CryEngine 3 has better performance then the original Crysis with Cryengine 1?

I am also curious to know that the does the new engine is really powerful. Yes then what can be the maximum frame rate one can grasp from this. Right the new engine has progress to a higher level and that is quiet common to say that this will be much powerful as compare to the older one. Your system config is really quiet high, I don't think that you might need much support on that. According to me the most power full engine in graphic design and materials of physical effects was appeared in Unreal Engine 3. They simply do not use DX10, so you can figure out how all things will be working there.

Re: Does Crysis 2 with CryEngine 3 has better performance then the original Crysis with Cryengine 1?

It is shown up by Crytek that the CryEngine 3 is provided on the next installment of Crysis which is coming on consoles. CryEngine 3 is the new version of the Crytek which is designed to adapt the technology of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. So there you can imagine the high quality of graphic you will found on your system. This is really inspiring in the current appearance of the game. I had seen a video of the same on youtube and the same is really awesome. This new engine that will be used for future use of Crysis 2 and it will offer some what less then what you get on the console version when you play CryEngine 2.

Yes it is quiet a much powerful as compare to the older version. I found a comparison video on Youtube which precisely defines the quality difference between Crysis game played on CryEngine 2 and CryEngine 3. There was quiet a great achievement in the new version. The tester you played with the same concluded that the CryEngine 3 provided on CryEngine 2 console will equal the PC as a medium performer. Remember in this the exact rendering can be established by applying low textures, shaders and geometry of high quality objects. Other than this the remaining options will be set as it was before at the most recommended settings. You can too go for the similar video and have a look on the same.

Those test comparisons are very common today and widely found on most of the video sites. But they says that CryEngine 2 succeeds in this. It is because of it is powerful and complex graphics engine. You are simply aware that Crysis is an high end graphic performing game and it is rated quiet high in the video games. It has beautiful graphics engine which is still a benchmark for many players in the world. It was also one of the first graphics engines to fully support HDR offered primarily by the Geforce 6 after applying the patch 1.3. The game is kind of mixture between pure technology and innovative gameplay.You can simply test the performance of both by your own self.