Thread: Teleport vs actual serve in cafe world

Teleport vs actual serve in cafe world

I currently have a Cafe that is non teleporting, though I didn't start out that way. anyways, I have been looking at some of the cafe layouts and I must say they are fabulous BTW, but many of the more elaborate ones use the teleporting method so that sparked me to wonder. 1. Is it so wrong to let the servers teleport? 2. Is this only a glitch and will ultimately go away, or will the developers keep it since so many are using this method? 3. what is your preference and why?

re: Teleport vs actual serve in cafe world

Even i have these questions, also let me just add that I ask these questions as a new player because I personally am just trying to decide for myself If I want to use the teleport or traditional serve method, this is only to express an opinion, doesn't matter if you are for or against, but let us please not turn this into an argument pretty please. Additionally, for those that trap the cook in, does this constitute teleporting or is this more acceptable as a common sense method to keep him/her out of the way of traffic?

I've done it both, have reached and stayed at 105 with or without teleport. each has its pros and cons, as most strategies. i like the teleport 'cause everyone moves faster and not a lot of "friction" meaning the waiters just stay in one place so only the customers are walking back and forth, doesn't look chaotic. I like the traditional non-teleport because it looks like a real restaurant which is chaotic. I say whatever works for you. if one day the teleport stops working then you'll have to make do with non-teleport, either way it's your game, play it the way you want it.

I have had 105 with and without teleporting. I guess the thing that I do like about teleporting is the fact that it does look neater and less chaotic, then also the timing in serving is a plus factor as well. just kinda wondering for myself if teleporting is really frowned upon and considered cheating. would be nice to know from the developers if what started out as a glitch is actually an acceptable form of play to them now. I also notice this glitch has not been corrected as of yet, and I am sure they could have easily fixed it during one of the down times. For now since I have done both and achieved top buzz with both ways, I think for the sake of beautifying, I may change it again to teleporting method.

Some people do consider it cheating or exploiting a bug but like I said, it's not affecting anyone else's game but yours, play it the way you want it. And in case someone asks if I think using the stove glitch is not cheating, i think it is. don't let me explain though. It would be great to know what the real deal is. they might be fixing it already, like in the process of fixing it. teleport has stopped working for some people. i just did it again to check if it still works for me and it does so i decided to keep using it until it stops working. it's a risk am taking.

Re: Teleport vs actual serve in cafe world

Well if the developers decided to put a halt to the teleporting I think they need to speed the waiters up a bit or change the space ratio and size of the cafe. Tho I do not use the teleport method because I wanted to see if I could achieve the 105 without which I did and it does not look like a school room. I think I understand why people do, especially for aesthetic reasons. I hate seeing my customers run into the waiting service area I wish they had tiles that would block the customers but not the waiters or do they?