Thread: Farmers Market for Dummies in Farmville

Farmers Market for Dummies in Farmville

First I would like to say I am not calling anyone a dummy. More just basing the title on those "X for Dummies" books you see at the stores.
    In simple terms here's how it works.
    You plant crops. Wait for crops to grow and harvest them. When you harvest, you have a chance of finding bushels. The number of bushels I think is determined by how many are planted. If you have 400 of something planted you should find more bushels than if you have 200.
    If you do not have a market stall, the first time you find bushels while harvesting, you get a pop-up that tells you that you can place them in a stall, blah, blah and gives you a free stall.
    Stop harvesting and look in your gift box and place said stall on your farm. If you don't get one, you can always buy one and place it on your farm before you harvest.
    The moment you get the pop-up that you have a bushel of a crop you are harvesting, if you aren't already using a bushel you already had to give you the extra point per plot, STOP harvesting, go to your market stall and USE that bushel - you start getting the extra point straight away.
    Continue harvesting and either while you are still harvesting or once you are done there should be a bar at the bottom that says how many bushels you have and that your stall is open. You may also have a pop-up asking if you'd like to share bushels with your friends.
    Now move on to how bushels work.
    You can use your bushels to help you out. If you are working on mastery in say grapes and you have bushels of grapes in your market stall then you click on use right before you want to harvest the next crop and you will get 1 additional mastery point for each plot that you harvest. This is a limited time offer and only is good for 2 hours.
    If you already have a crop mastered, you can still use those bushels right before you harvest and get 1 additional xp per plot.
    You can get bushels for your friends to help with other crops. You can do this in 1 of 2 ways.
    The first way is to open your market stall and choose get bushels. It will take you to a screen that shows you all the types of crops your friends have in their own stalls. Choose a crop you want and it will show you what friends have them. You can get up to 3 bushels from each friend every so many hours. When you get 3 bushels from them, they get to choose a gift of coins, fuel or xp.
    The second way is by visiting a neighbor’s farm and clicking on their market stall(s).
    Also if you are in the lower levels and don't have all the crops unlocked you can get bushels of those particular crops from your neighbors. If you click on use, it will give you a 2 hour license in which to plant that crop. It does not work on limited edition crops. Only permanent crops.
    Also a great benefit of this feature is that you can do mysteries in half the time by using bushels to get double mastery points. It also means that you can reduce crop space and still get the same credit. Example: If you have 400 plots, you can reduce the number to 200 and use bushels before harvesting and still get credited 400 mastery points. Of course, the flip-side is that if you do Co-Op's, you will only have 200 plots for those instead of 400.

Re: Farmers Market for Dummies in Farmville

Thank you for your help to all the players playing this Zynga Farmville game on Facebook. But I have some Question to ask please help me.

Q: Do I need to collect bushels for crops I am not working on or already have mastered?

Q: Does each stand hold 50 bushels?

Q: I just harvested 3 different crops but they are all showing up in one stand. What's up with that?

Q: What happens if I close a stand?

Q: What happens if all my stands are full?

Q: Can I use any bushel when harvesting my crops?

Q: Can I use more than one bushel at a time for the same crop or a different crop?

1: Do I need to collect bushels for crops I am not working on or already have mastered?

Answer: No. Be selective in what you choose. If you already have a crop mastered and don't plan on planting it again, you really don't need the bushels unless you just want to get them to help out your friend. If you do the latter you can open your stall and choose share and share any or all of them with other neighbors.

2: Does each stand hold 50 bushels?

Answer: No. The total is 50 no matter how many stands you have. This is why it's important to be selective at times.

3: I just harvested 3 different crops but they are all showing up in one stand. What's up with that?

Answer: I noticed that when I harvested two types of crops at the same time, it did this and I had my 5 stands on my farm. I would say the answer may lie in harvesting one crop, either waiting or refreshing then harvest the next one. I can't say for sure yet if it will work so feedback on this would be nice. I can say that if you harvest crops at different times, they will go into free stands. Meaning if you harvest something at 10 a.m. and it opens a stand, then you leave the game or wait a few hours until your next harvest is ready, they will go into the stands unless all your stands are full.

4: What happens if I close a stand?

Answer: Your friends won't be able to get any more bushels from you until you get more bushels from a crop and it opens the stand again.

5: What happens if all my stands are full?

Answer: Well if you are growing the same types of crops that your stands currently hold, then the new bushels will just be added to the stand holding that existing crop. If you are growing an entirely different crop and your stands are full, it will just add the bushels to your overall total but your friends won't be able to get those bushels.

6: Can I use any bushel when harvesting my crops?

Answer: No, you have to use a bushel of cranberries when harvesting cranberries, you can't use squash because it won't work.

7: Can I use more than one bushel at a time for the same crop or a different crop?

Answer: No. If you try, you will get a popup. So if you have two different crops to harvest, use one bushel first and when you are done harvesting you can use a different one but the first bonus will expire.

You're supposed to get a bushel that will appear in your Market under the tab of "My Bushels".
    However, Zynga just released a surprise Saturday update of the Tuscan Wedding early this morning, in addition to the fairly massive update of the Farmers Market and the Nursery barn implementation, so all eleventh-million Farmville’s have been rushing to their farms this morning, and the Farmville servers have been groaning in agony and failing under the strain; it's possible your click just wasn't able to get through.