Thread: Strangers vs Friends in CityVille

Strangers vs Friends in CityVille

I am a bit confused whether or not to invite strangers because in CityVille as our city grows bigger and bigger we need to have more and more and more neighbors so i think i have invited most of my friends how good is to invite strangers in CityVille and are they more beneficial than the friends with respect to the CityVille game. Just tell me whether inviting strangers in Cityville is better than Friends.

Re: Strangers vs Friends in CityVille

Well their a big difference between a good friend and someone you just play with online. Just because you play with them doesn't mean you know them personally. say for instant if they use third party applications unless they are family(since I know them in real life) they get blocked from my neighbor pool with no warning what so ever. A good friend will respect your wishes if they don't then I don't consider them friends. so if you want your post liked and they will go out of their way to like a post that they got off the feed. if they are just a neighbor then they wont like the post but I normally don't delete people from my friends list only if they are using a third party program or they aren't being a good neighbor to me and just not helping what so ever.

Well it depends for me i know maybe a handful of my neighbors in real life actually now that i think on it, 4 total. Course those get the 'good things' first, but there are neighbors that i don't know personally i will lock things for because they are good people, and/or if i know they need help getting something. So i make sure they get parts as a lot don't ask. That's another weird bit to me, why don't they ask? i'll even say..send a request, you'll get done faster! but they don't but then there are those neighbors that you only see when THEY need something, and dang if they don't need it.

The majority of my neighbors are friends, or friends of friends. Some of them have become friends through the forums rather than 'real life', but in my mind that doesn't create a distinction. Maybe I've just been lucky that none of my neighbors has ever done anything particularly annoying - for example, when I read stories here of people sending messages pretty much demanding that people buy them FC items I'm stunned.

I play with 150 total strangers and 3 real life friends. My real life friends don't come to this forum so I will be brutally honest, as FV neighbors they stink. I've never had any problem with my stranger neighbors and some have gone out of their way to do something nice for me, and I have for them. If I do have an issue, for example someone who published cheat link after cheat link I just delete them and don't look back. But the vast majority of my stranger neighbors are great.

I guess I've got good neighbors, as I don't have to deal with anyone demanding anything or not helping. I have enough neighbors for the game that I play. The people that I personally know I try to help if they need stuff, then I'll help the others who don't have a ton of friends giving them stuff. I ask for as much stuff as I get. To me the people that have problems with their friends take the game WAY too seriously. My life is way too stressful to get upset by what I do on the computer. This is where I come to "veg" out, try to forget the problems of the day. I only have one "game" friend that seemed to get upset about what she wasn't getting. Here lately though she seems to have mellowed.

I certainly try not to forget that behind the avatars are real people, not commodities to be dumped when they no longer serve a purpose. Occasionally I post a message telling people to feel free to send me as many requests as they like - I don't want anyone to ever feel reluctant to ask me to grow another duckling or whatever. I don't pay attention to what they do when they visit my farm, or how often they gift me, or well, anything really.