Thread: What is the purpose of collecting foals in FarmVille

What is the purpose of collecting foals in FarmVille

I know this is probably a dumb question, but can someone please tell me what is the purpose of collecting a foal such as the Pinto, Yakut, Paint, etc, if they will grow into a black horse if put into the nursery?? So do you collect them only to place outside of the nursery and take up space? I thought they would grow up to be what they are but they don't. What am I missing here.

Re: What is the purpose of collecting foals in FarmVille

I guess its purpose would be for those that want to have a complete horse collection without spending the FarmVille cash for each parent horse can just grab a foal off their feed from their neighbors for free. Its a social aspect of the game and one most partake in and enjoy. Some people collect foals just as people in real life collect stamps or anything else because it gives them enjoyment.

Well, considering my biggest love in real life is horses and I am a former rodeo queen ... fitting my farm would be overrun by horses and foals. For me, I collect the foals and sit them outside of the nursery because I like the animals in the game and they are cute. Also, for people who don't have the money to buy every adult horse that is released, it is a way to get an animal that looks just like the adult (albeit smaller) for free.

There's no practical or 'farming' use for collecting foals, people do it as fun, as has been said, it's like collecting stamps. The foals turn generic when put in the nursery barn and actually lose coin-harvest value when turned into adult horses. For people who need large volumes of adult horses, it's easier to buy Silver Ponies (which pay for themselves in about a day and a half of aggressive breeding-for-coins) or be gifted plain brown horses, so it doesn't make much sense to actively 'raise up' foals in the Nursery Barn. The pretty foals are 'just for fun.' But that's also true of nearly all horses in the real world these days.

Thanks everybody. That answers my question. I think they're cute too. I just wasn't sure I was collecting them for the right reason. Thanks for the help. Actually I beg to differ IMHO, if you compare them to other non-farm cash animals, they (and calves) are actually among some of the highest yielding things you can get relative to their purchase "price" on farmville. They yield 80 coins per day.

That's because they really don't provide much coin compared to orchards. They used to be viable, but you can get more "bang for your buck" with orchards, belted cows, etc. With space issues, those who are looking for pure profit are looking elsewhere. I know a lot of my neighbours love the foals, but I would rather use the space for smaller cuter animals.

Less Total Seedlings, More Quality Seedlings Will this work in FarmVille

Yes, that's my observation and the trend i guess. I only get Random seedlings and only get very few yet when i grew it up majority are nice trees.

as of today out of 6 seedlings only 2 were unwanted trees.

1 -Singapore Jackfruit--> Yuck
    2 -Chinese lantern
    3 -Ornament tree
    4 -Bubblegum tree
    5 -Giant Cocoa tree
    6 -Silver Maple tree

Previously the best tree a year ago, now ugly but i am still not sure about it. What do you say.

I just had to have all of them, and I did until last week when I decided my farm was too crowded so I sold every single one. I thought I might regret it, but so far I'm happy. I was hoping that without all those foals my farm might run a bit faster, but no such luck. I think I just have way too much stuff.