Thread: Can I run Magicka in compatibility mode?

Can I run Magicka in compatibility mode?

I have this game installed on the system of mine and it is working in a pretty fine manner. There is really no big issue with the play. Now the thing is that on the other system that I have here I cannot have the game working in there and hence would like to know if there is any solution that you all can come up with. On my system I have Windows XP and the game just ran without any issue and on the other system I have Windows 7, and I am not able to play this game there. Is it that this game will work only with Windows XP? Please let me know if I will be able to play this game on the Windows 7 in the compatibility mode here. Please let me know about the same.

Re: Can I run Magicka in compatibility mode?

Well if you have asked that you want to run this game in the Compatibility mode then you will be able to get it working. It is not compulsory that you will be able to have it running in the compatibility mode. Well on the specification side I have seen that the game can run on all the Windows Platform let it be Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will be able to see all that working in yours case. Let me know what is the issue that you are actually getting while you go for playing the game there? Are you getting some error and if yes then let me know about it.

If you are having trouble in playing the game on Windows 7 then it seems to me that you are having the issue because of the drivers and hence it will be great if you can simply have the drivers for the system of yours updated and see that you can play the game. Most of the users here have complained about the same and 90 percent of the issues were solved after they got the updated drivers installed on the system. You can just go to the official site of the graphic card and can have the drivers based on the operating system.

You will be able to have the game running on your Windows 7 system if you have all the system requirement satisfied. You can go through the system requirement below and see if you are missing on anything there. The processor must be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher and the system must have 2 GB RAM. If you have Graphic Card from Nvidia then it should be GeForce 8800 and if you have the one from ATI then it should be ATI Radeon X1900 or higher. You can install Direct X 9 or higher as well. See if you are not missing on those things there.

You can simply have this game working in the Compatibility Mode. All you will have to do is make a right click on the .exe file of the game and then select the Properties option. After this you will be required to select the Compatibility tab and then check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for. Once you check this option then you will be required to select the Operating system. If you want you can select Windows XP SP 3 and then give this game the hit.