Thread: Mafia Wars: Waiting to open the sacks of gift on right time.

Mafia Wars: Waiting to open the sacks of gift on right time.

I been playing this game from almost a year but never faced this kind of problem. I had 45 but am down to about 19, last time I checked. I have hundreds of unopened sacks both in game and through FB, plus I can hit at least 20 links from mafia members, plus robbing....so I'm pretty sure I could get back to 45. What I'd really like is some advice from those in the know as to the end timing (still 12:00 midnight PST??) and/or if there is any leeway (such as opening sacks on the 1st).

Re: Mafia Wars: Waiting to open the sacks of gift on right time.

You do know this plan of yours is bound to fail... The Christmas sacks can hold lumps of coal, upgrade parts and presents, so you may not get number of presents as you need. People that don't have enough presents will be robbing till the very last second, so while you busy open the sacks, other people are busy taking them away from you. No one will be answering your cry for help as everyone will be too busy robbing or opening sacks. If you think no one is that sad, that's where you Americans are at a disadvantage. 12am is 8am for me, and I don’t mind waking up at 7am to rob some people, as that's the normal time I get up, it’s a worldwide game and people all over the world will be enjoying your presents.

Ah but Adamaris I really cannot give a toss weather I win the grand prize or not mate. I'm just playing the event this way so I didn't have to spend all Xmas and New Year stressing about getting protectors, wading through a bunch of bugs and robbing enough coal to power a nation. As it is with a tree at level 2 I can only get 9 gifts anyway. I'm fairly confident I can get nine out of the 40 sacks I have sitting around.

This whole event kind of makes me whacko as it is, now not only do your presents get robbed you have to just sit there and take it as there is no option at all to retaliate (some people talked about a broke revenge button, that I never had to begin with) the tree robbing do not show in the tree window (only shows so and so protected one of your gifts) nor do they show in player updates. People want to rob, got it but every other robbing situation I at least have the option to return the favor, burn down every dang property they left vulnerable and then put their butt on ice. Maybe if Zynga gave us the option to retaliate on this force fed robbing event I’d not have so much heartburn with it.

I misread/understood wrong, bags can be opened on New Year’s Day (robbing is dead thank god) it’s after New Year’s day that the sacks turn to mystery bags. so the way I am reading it on new year’s day

1) all the robbing is stopped (the flicking grinches are dang lucky there is no retaliate option)
    2) You can no longer ask for or send sacks/presents
    3) any sacks on hand can still be opened and presents gotten will be added still.

The event is worthless anyway, just stupid cause of the robbing aspect. I kept 6 guards at all times and had built up a nice collection of presents, then in the space of a few minutes I was robbed a ridiculous amount of times which took out all my guards and whittled my presents down to 3 with just over a day to go I have no chance of getting anywhere near where I was. It doesn't seem fair to not get robbed for over 24 hours then get annihilated in 5 minutes. Feel like all my hard work was pointless.