Thread: CityVille: Over $50.000 came up missing where did it go

CityVille: Over $50.000 came up missing where did it go

While on level 54 I had over $50.000.00 all of a sudden the quest for the Cinema came up, I clicked NOTHING. I continued to play, visiting my neighbors. I went back to check my train in, and went to send another one out. I had like 367 in dollars and NOT enough to send the train out. So I got a live person on Zynga and they told me it was Part of the quest and I had to give the money in order to do the Cinema quest. I told them there was no cinema in my gift box and that the Cinema COST $100.000.00. They kept telling me it was part of the quest and that I had to pay it to do the quest. I told them it doesn’t make sense...Where did my money go? I was going to use it to buy more land. It just ticks me off; it’s like stealing, because I DIDN'T spend it... Can anyone help me please...?

Re: CityVille: Over $50.000 came up missing where did it go

The same thing happened to me and unfortunately it is part of the cinema quest. The 50000 does not buy the cinema. It is simply consumed when the target amount of money is reached. Reading others comments on different threads it appears that the wording of the quest does in fact state the 50000 is consumed as soon as the amount is reached. Doesn't make anyone feel better though because most of us never even saw that.

Still doesn't make sense...Where the heck does the 50 grand go, cause the quest is 100.000 You still have to pay the 100 grand for the cinema.I don’t think it’s fair..I just worked so dang hard to get the money and boom it’s gone, no notice...We should have an option. It’s like that darn high rise with the elevator, I would love to have one, so I asked a friend where and how she got it, and she said it just appeared in my gift box. Well now dang, whereas mine...I am just too addicted to this game.

Change your strategy. Spend the money on the expansion lots you plan to buy before accumulating that 50K. This way when you finally hit that goal and it gets taken away from you, you'll at least have enough income coming in that you can eventually afford to buy the cinema. I'm finding out that pacing is everything in this game. A little careful planning goes a long way.

Finally hit the cinema goal. That's what I'm doing. I am working on the expansion and pop quest. That way by the time I need to build the extra $$ for getting the cinema it won't be that difficult and need to build houses and expansion for the pop quest. And I might as well build up some piers and boats. Farmville : Start playing late April'10, Level 105, Crops Mastered 75, Blue Ribbon 33.Cityville : Start playing Dec 17, 2010, Level 72, Rep 34. Frontierville : Level 72. Zynga Poker : Level 97 Champion.

I just had it pop up on my screen and take me into negative cash flow, YES NEGATIVE! I had -, 723 when it popped up and decided to take the money from me. Since this game does not tell us our rewards for our quests until we complete them we have no idea what they are but I would be no mean choose to give 50,000 of hard earned coins away when I need to buy two more expansions and get my pop up to 2,000. This is a stupid way to make the quest, why not just make it 100,000 and place the cinema in the person's inventory? Why take coins away for no reason? They did not go anywhere or to any purpose and I do not intend on purchasing a cinema. I want back my money I can barely keep up my crops let alone buy that stupid crap good Lord.