Thread: Black Ops Server disconnected - Steam Connect Failed

Black Ops Server disconnected - Steam Connect Failed

I am facing some wierd problem with COD Black Ops. When I was playing game for few hours it was working fine, and now when every server i join i am getting drop automatically after 2 to 3 minutes and am getting this error message "Server Disconnected - Steam connect failed."
    Well anyone else is facing the similar issues like this, can you tell me how to fix ?
    Fear is only in your mind, Dont Let It Overcome You.

mikey Guest

Re: Black Ops Server disconnected - Steam Connect Failed

Well your steam crashed, do one thing restart it.

My steam is working perfect, I have restarted it twice, and even i have re installed blops multiplayer but still am getting the same error again and again. Help me
    Fear is only in your mind, Dont Let It Overcome You.

I am also facing the same problem with Steam I am getting kicked off after eery 2 or 3 mins. I did all R & D on my machine uninstalled steam and black ops but still no luck.

The issue can be related to Steam setup if your internet connection is working properly. Check that first that your internet connection is stable. If yes then fixing Steam will be first thing you will have to do. Restarting and sometime Re-installing fixes the issue. Also check that you does not have high latency while connecting. You need to free up maximum bandwidth before making a stable connection to the game server.

In my case I had added the Steam under my Firewalls Exception list. I was irritated with that pop on windows which ask you for block or unblock applications. After unblocking the Windows 7 ring keeps moving showing nothing after that. I had first ended the current process from Task Manager and then relaunched steam. It connected successfully but due to heavy load on server the connection dropped down.

I also have exactly the same problem - have had the game for 2 weeks now and I still can't play online. I've tried pretty much everything.

Every time I try and connect to a server (with good ping) it kicks me after a short while and says "Server disconnected - Steam connect failed."

Does anyone know how to fix this?????

Very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1zz4rd View Post
    I also have exactly the same problem - have had the game for 2 weeks now and I still can't play online. I've tried pretty much everything.

Every time I try and connect to a server (with good ping) it kicks me after a short while and says "Server disconnected - Steam connect failed.".
    Well i haven't faced this issue on my system , hence not sure about the problem and solution. Anyways, what i can suggest you is just go through this Call Of Duty Black Ops Troubleshooting Guide. hope this will help you for sure.

When I check the validation log in program files it says that one file failed to validate:

"Validation failure: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\BlackOpsMP.exe"

What does this mean? Can it be the cause of my errors and how do I fix it?

I think this really is what's causing all the problems. This is so irritating.

Hi Bl1zz4rd,

Have you tried updating your drivers and have also checked whether the firewall isnt blocking the game/steam, and also check windows defender if you have one. And also try to run the game as a adminstator. As it is a Steam error, try to exit steam, go to steam folder, delete clientregistry.blob, open steam (it will force update) - this may solve the problem.

Turn of Shader Warming and your problem should disappear.

it works.

Happy Re: Black Ops Server disconnected - Steam Connect Failed

MY GAME WORKS NOW!!! i port forwarded TCP to 3074 and UDP 3074, and if your router dont have TCP and UDP you just need to port forward and select no option just ask me if you are confused

I have all the ports forwarded that are supposedly necessary - ones for Black Ops specifically and others for steam. Nothing seems to help with the error.

Also, there seems to be a patch that constantly downloads, but won't install properly. I have tried re-installing both the game and steam already as well.

Do you have the legal copy of the game? If not then you will have to buy the legal copy of that. Other than this if you are having the legal copy of the game then you can try to disable the Steam Cloud for Black Ops. One more thing that you can try is to disable the antivirus in your computer temporarily and see if you are again getting the same.