Thread: I don't want the toy factory in Frontierville

I don't want the toy factory in Frontierville

Wishing someone "Merry Christmas" to make a point is one of the most anti-christmases like things one can possibly do at this time of year. If you really got the meaning of the season, you wouldn't feel the need to make a point at all. I agree that the toy factory is hideous and wish there was an option to remove it. It ruins the natural wonder of my completely undeveloped piece of land (though, at least part of that stupid border is gone).

Re: I don't want the toy factory in Frontierville

Where were the objections to the other events which also aren't celebrated by 100% of the players? Everyone seems to jump on Christmas or the holiday season. I'm sure you'll find most online games have the same theme at this time of year. For everyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, there'll be just as many who don't do Easter, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Halloween etc… While I respect the values & beliefs of others, please remember that this is an American based game, and as such they will include and be dominated by American based celebrations. I hate to say it, but if the "holiday season" isn't your thing, just don't buy the stuff from the market and don't participate in collecting or sending gifts.

So let me make a small point here..... If you all live in a hole then ignore this message, but who goes out to any store during the months of November and December? Are there not "holiday" items out there? Are there not "toys" out there? To say that you won't play or this or that is like saying you won't go shopping for groceries because they place a wreath on a store. You all are so quick to reject and disrespect other beliefs it is amazing. Celebrate what you will, but this is simply a celebration of the season, the gifts that are available are not related to any specific religion.

Thanks. it drives me crazy. I really do feel bad for people who aren't Christian and/or don't celebrate Christmas, but truly, it's not directed as an insult against them! Unfortunately, Christmas is so ingrained in most Western countries' culture that it's part of even supposedly secular organizations. Government buildings have nativity scenes and Christmas trees up, etc. This is the same sort of trouble where those sweet old people who are Walmart greeters get sued for saying, "Merry Christmas!" instead of "Happy holidays!" Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, that little old man or woman isn't trying to insult you, they were just trying to be friendly so don't act like they just told you to go jump in a fire just because they said the non-PC term!

Love it! I was just thinking something similar when I saw your post. It’s a TOY FACTORY. It has no Christmas markings and nothing to make it favor one religion over another. Every mall has a toy store-- does this offend people too? Are gifts of toys only given for Christmas? There are many reasons to give toys/presents. If it’s ugly, just position the screen so you can't see it.

I do not ever celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday at all because I am not religious and I see the item in question as a Toy Shop only!!!!! We don't get to help plan in the way it’s to look or any building on the game for that matter so I guess the way it looks who ever complained of that I guess you need to take that up with Zynga and the developers. Its actually a petty gripe really.. I am not sure I understand why it’s a big deal even to players that are Jewish. It’s not a church for goodness sakes, ITS A TOY SHOP! And the Tree is a Winter Tree to me. See, if you try hard enough you can always get past something and change it up in your mind , that is if you want to bad enough to get along with a situation you cannot change. I do not see one thing that is actually making a religious statement at all. I celebrate Christmas as a winter event same as I do with Easter as a spring event. I have to do what I can to get along with the holidays that most people in the world celebrate. If you want to be a outcast then so be it but I take something and work with it to my advantage. I don’t go around complaining and expecting everything to change for me and my beliefs. I am shocked to think someone has the gall to come here and complain over a fun holiday little treat for everyone. If you can’t see past the religious stuff that you think this is all about, then maybe you need to find nothing but Jewish sites to fit your needs. Better yet invest in a Jewish game site if you can’t find one. You could be the new Jewish Zynga.