Thread: Suggestions and Complaint about the fight path in Mafia wars

Suggestions and Complaint about the fight path in Mafia wars

I am at level 49x so I now fight opponents at all levels. Well I find I have a really hard time completing my fight paths in Las Vegas and ITaly because all of my opponents have 501 mafia and are over level 3000. I don't think this is fair and is incredibly discouraging for a newbie like me. Not to mention I find that ALL of my presents are stolen every time I sign back on. Sorry, but getting beaten up all the time is NO FUN. There should be a fight limit of 500 levels so that, for example, only people from levels 500 - 1000 can fight each other. Pitting someone who is level 451 against someone level 3500 is just going to drive people like me away from this game. I think I have a pretty strong character for my level, but I am contemplating blocking MW on FB in the next few days.

Re: Suggestions and Complaint about the fight path in Mafia wars

Everyone over level 451 is in the Shark Tank. Welcome to Mafia Wars. If you are losing all the time improve your stats and equipment. You may not win all the time even then, but you will be able to beat many of the higher level players. There is no way to prevent being robbed of your presents. Do like many others are doing leave the tree empty until it's time to open the gifts.

As far as I know, you don't have to complete the fight paths in Vegas or Italy if you don't want to (I didn't bother). Even if you do want to, it doesn't matter if you win or lose the fight you still get the completion. As far as the fight list, I'm in the same boat you are (I'm level 553) and I get beat up on a daily (or hourly, lol) basis. I expect that to happen for another few hundred levels when I will slowly start to win more than I lose.

I think levels 451-800 or so are the hardest levels in the game to get through, but after that things should return to more "normal" pre-451 playing experience. That being said, you are aware that everyone who shows up on the fight list is killed, right? Does it matter if a 500 killed you or a 3500 killed you? Nope. Dead is dead no matter who did it, and you will stay on that list until you are dead. The same applies to level 5000. Or 10,000.

If you are not shown up on their list. They can hit you no matter if you are on the listlist or not, as long as they have your address. If you cannot handle being hitlisted, I would suggest waiting until you are a higher level to fight because those that you are beating up that are around your level will hitlist you. Especially lower level players. They tend to hitlist more often than higher level players for the most part. If you do wait until a higher level, however, you will be missing out on easy lists of people to beat. Once you get into the sharktank, life doesn't become easy for a good hundred or so levels when the red turns to green.

Sometimes that's all the explanation needed in MW. Think of the game as one where only the tough survive. We all got beat up when we started out; it takes time and accumulation of mafia, equipment and skill before you're ready to go head to head with the big boys. If the attacks are disrupting you from doing other things, don't heal except when you want to fight or do the boss jobs. Nothing else in the game requires you to have full health. Especially at low levels, if you're always iced, they'll get bored and move on to a new target. On the other hand, if you can beat the other player, remember that he has to heal in order to put you on the hitlist. After someone collects the bounty, go get your XP back by healing and attacking him back. Or ask your higher level mafia to sit on him if you're getting iced too fast to keep your head above water. I've done that for my lower level mafia who wound up with a pesky gnat keeping them from doing things like completing a boss fight. While they played their game, I sat on their attacker and kept them out of the way.

I feel the same issue level 500 has been in boring for 50 levels. my att (point) is above 107k and my def is above 108k where they have been since lve 453. i will continue to put "EVERYTHING" i have into ENERGY, at least ill be able to level quicker then trying to beat someone whos 2k-6k lv bove me. u cant tell me that increasing my def and att will make me compete with people of those lvs! my mafia is maxed at 501. try fighting in cuba, in cuba your mafia is capped at the first 50 not 501. its a little easier but take care "THEY" still sniff you out quick.

The shark tank is just a reason why its a mistake to dump points into energy, attack and defense are where everything should go.

Personally to all those here you should make tons of railguns, stun knuckles, plasma rifles, hack blades and get your skills well into the thousands and try to be able to beat people 200 levels higher WELL before you are even close to the shark tank.

And if anyones here leveling 5 times a day and are before level 450 they better completely STOP using their energy and level up on stamina alone to get better fight loot (tainted blades, toxic gas scrubbers, golden poison frogs, woodsmans, ottoman krugs, M45 overcast).

personally im level 305 my attack is 2680 and defense is 1780 and im beefing those numbers to be ready for the sharks

Yes. He didn't manage to beat me even at my lowest HP (I guess I got better items). So he keeps hit listing me. Loosing XP, and not being able to fight back or rob due to low HP and non-stop icing bothered me. I found some new mafia on the forum and they helped to distract him I got no icing today.

You may need to keep your health under 20 for a few days if possible, and then check again to see if he's still doing it. Then PM me his in game ID as he may be using tools to do this automatically which are against the rules. This can be reported. There is no reason why any one person will want to keep this up indefinetly. Getting back at someone for revenge or thinking to "punish" them is one thing, being obsessive is another.

Personally this is just a reason why health is NOT a good place to put your skill points and you want to make LOTS of railguns, plasma rifles, stun knuckles and hack blades and get at least 5,000 defense skill before you are level 451 and this should not be a problem.

Personally im level 363 my attack is 4200 and defense is 3050 and ive knocked out a bunch of 1100s and people MUCH higher in level on the hitlist.

Also, TAKE ADVANTAGE of your Brazil crew, if a weak looking person hits you and they have only been on the hitlist 10 minutes max, they most likely are cramming all of their points into attack and you have a chance to beat them.

Plus work the fight screen in different cities and refresh it and you will find people who are levels 600 and below who should be fairly easy targets

Doing the following jobs will score you the items listed below.

• Beat Up Rival Gangster (1e) = .22 Pistol (2A 0D)
    • Collect Protection Money (2e) = Butterfly Knife (2A 1D)
    • Rough Up Dealers (2e) = Brass Knuckles (2A 2D)
    • Rob a Pimp (3e) = .9mm Semi-Automatic (3A 2D)
    • Take Out a Rogue Cop (3e) = .45 Revolver (3A 2D)
    • Perform a Hit (3e) = Tactical Shotgun (3A 2D)
    • Destroy Enemy Mon Hideout (5e) = C-4 (5A 2D)
    • Kill a Protected Snitch (5e) = Stab-Proof Vest (2A 5D)
    • Bust a Made Man Out of Prison (5e) = Automatic Rifle (4A 4D)
    • Fight a Haitian Gang (6e) = Semi-Automatic Shotgun (5A 4D)
    • Smuggle Across The Border (7e) = Armored Truck (4A 8D)
    • Repel the Yakuza (13e) = Grenade Launcher (14A 10D)
    • Disrupt rival smuggling ring (15e) = 50 .50 Caliber Rifle (16A 11D)
    • Invade Tong-controlled Neighborhood (25e) = Armored Car (14A 15D)
    • Sell Guns To The Russian Mob (25e) = RPG Launcher (20A 12D)
    • Protect your City against a Rival Family (35e) = Bodyguards (8A 25D)
    • Assassinate a Political Figure (35e) = Night Vision Goggles (5A 16D)
    • Exterminate a Rival Family (40e) = Napalm Attack (25A 9D)