Thread: How to build road across train tracks in CityVille

How to build road across train tracks in CityVille

To build road across the train tracks.

1. You may need to remove other road pieces near the 2 pieces you want to connect while you do this (and then reconnect the rest later.)
    2. Place 1 piece of road on one side of the track (NOT on the track).
    3. Place 1 piece of road on the other side of the track - lined up PERFECTLY - off by one square will not work.
    4. The tracks will auto-connect.
    5. (if it does not auto-connect, make sure no other pieces of road are attached to the 2 road pieces, make sure they are perfectly aligned, and play around with it - try to move the road pieces a little each way to see if you can get it to auto-connect.)

More details about train track crossings. There are two types of train track crossings.

1. (LETTER B IN PICTURE ABOVE) - You can see the "road" actually part of the track. You will get this near the "starting city" area.

2. (LETTER C IN PICTURE ABOVE) - You can see the road "curb" not near the edge of the tracks - but you don't actually see part of the "road" on the track. Road is STILL connected, just looks different.

How do can you tell how far out your "near the starting city" area is? Well you can play around like we did and put road pieces around, or if you expand the full screen & see where the train starts when it comes to town. Screen Shot of Full-Screen of where "train" starts.

BONUS: Also if you notice in the above picture, the LETTER A area - you can play around and get a rail-in-road type of trolley area or whatever you want to call it.

re: How to build road across train tracks in CityVille

Thanks for the pics; i was wondering how the A version would show up. By the way when you play in full screen can you do the normal game stuff: collect from business etc, it often freezes my PC whenever i try full screen mode. It's not working. I have two pieces of road with "curb" around them on either side of the track.

Thanks for the pics; i was wondering how the A version would show up. By the way when you play in full screen can you do the normal game stuff: collect from business etc, it often freezes my PC whenever i try full screen mode. It's not working. I have two pieces of road with "curb" around them on either side of the track.
    1. Make sure they are perfectly lined up - sometimes it will look like they are, but one will be off by 1 square.

2. Remove any other road pieces that are attached to those 2 pieces.

3. Start to move those 2 pieces around - 1 square to the right for both... or 1 square to the left for both.... play around, and you can usually get it to auto-connect.

I noticed on the Screenshot that the left edge of the city is chopped off. I have the same problem; I was hoping that adding a road across the railroad tracks might help but it doesn't appear to. Does anyone know why the left side of the city is chopped off/can't be viewed. I have a small area that I can't use because it's not visible. The arrow in the Screenshot below shows the furthest edge of what is visible.