Thread: Platforms like Windows XP and Windows 7 for Test Drive Unlimited 2

Platforms like Windows XP and Windows 7 for Test Drive Unlimited 2

I am a crazy game lover after the DC Universe Online games I wanted to try this new game so I just downloaded the game which offers an adventurous experience, and is accessible for various platforms like thePC version, the Playstation and the Xbox. I want to know the system configuration requirement for the game. Currently I have Windows XP running on my computer and I have heard that this game works quite well on Windows 7.

re: Platforms like Windows XP and Windows 7 for Test Drive Unlimited 2

I have downloaded the PC version of Test Drive Unlimited 2 on my computer which runs on Windows XP operating system. After the download when I tried to play the game it shows an icon as if it is loading something and keeps me waiting for about half a minute, and then it suddenly stops loading disappears in thin air. I have even tried the compatibility wizard to see if it works with other versions of XP and then tried reloading the game again with some other settings but nothing happens. I think it should work fine on a Vista platform but I am not yet confirmed.

This game is not compatible with the benchmark of operating system Windows 7, but I have come to know that it will be made compatible in the days to come. So the only way you may solve this problem is by installing Windows XP mode on your computer after which you can try installing the game in XP mode. Now you can try to ply the game or you can test the XP mode for which you are supposed to download the Enterprise version of Windows 7 with 90 days trial, this version is deliberately for IT guys so may have to mention that you are an IT prof. Try if this platform works for your game.

You can download can download and install Windows XP mode if and only if you have a Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate version. You should not get confused with XP mode and Windows 7 as Windows XP mode is an implicit installation which runs with the help of Windows 7. Your PC should be comfortable with virtualisation in other words, you are required to confirm if your computer hardware works well in the Windows XP mode. To enable the option of hardware virtualisation on your PC you can do it by switching to the BIOS setup, here you can enable that particular option, and save the Bios settings before you restart the PC. Now you can try plying the game and I hope this may help you solve the issue.

Re: Platforms like Windows XP and Windows 7 for Test Drive Unlimited 2

The idea of using the Windows XP mode is a complete flop show and it just wont work. I tried a similar procedure and what I observed was that the game is not compatible with the Windows XP mode. It somehow is not able to go through the CD check and the process fails. I cannot say anything about the games performance in the XP mode. One reason may be that directX is not supported in the XP mode. Though there is still one option left and that is installing Windows XP with dual boot.