Thread: Dont want posts showing on their walls for frontierville

Dont want posts showing on their walls for frontierville

Do you have to customise every time? Just wondering cause it says save settings, then I have had to do it on every post? I dont have a problem in it but still asking as with time, even i will be fed up of doing the same procedure all the time. Just learned this tip yesterday and love it. I always tried to hold back on my posting. I always hate going to family gatherings and have them all say oh yeah your the one who plays all those silly games all the time.

Re: Dont want posts showing on their walls for frontierville

If your non game playing friends are tired of seeing game posts on your wall you can easily fix this. Create a friend list, go to the the friend's tab to do this and name it farmville, Treasure Isle, frontierville or whatever you may think of. And add all the friends that play those games to the lists. In your games, when you get a pop up to share something, click the little lock that you see and choose "custom". Under "make visible to:" select "specific people". A little box will appear for you type the names of those ppl you want to be allowed to see that post. Type "farmville", treasure isle" or whatever friend list you want to share with and then click "save setting" Now this post will only be visible to the people you want it to be visible to. It only takes 2 extra seconds during your game to do this but it's so much nicer because now only the people that you want to see it can see it and all those non-game playing friends don't have to see your wall full of game posts. Please share this with your game playing friends! If everyone does this, then your non-game playing friends don't have to see all your game posts!

yep I have always done this with farmville and now frontierville. But the stupid get tools posts that are getting spammed all over my wall as well as the fuel thing on farmville are getting freaking annoying. I have now blocked all friends from posting on my wall, not sure how else to stop it. Couple of people have sent me messages about not being able to post. I think the problem is that we want to see the Frontierville posts but not those particular posts. There is no way to block only the "tools" posts when people visit your Wall or Profile.

Ok apparently you didn't understand. Non game playing friends can choose to hide Frontierville or whatever, But if they go to your profile page they will still see all of your posts because it doesn't hide them from your wall just from their news feed. this is why you should customize who can see your posts. I know for example, I post pics of my children from time to time and I have family members that will check my wall to see if I've posted new ones. well, if there's a million and one game posts they have to shift through all those to try and find pics, not fun for them. so as a courtesy, I customize my game posts so only game playing friends can see them. It only takes two extra seconds when the pop up appears to share something.