Thread: Receiving "Attempting to connect to server" error message while playing CityVille

Receiving "Attempting to connect to server" error message while playing CityVille

I have started playing CityVille recently but when i tried playing the game last night i was getting an error message which was saying that Attempting to connect to server. What is the problem i can play other online games on facebook for example i can play FarmVille , FrontierVille etc. But i am unable to start the CityVille Game, Anyone any idea how i can get rid of this problem.

Re: Receiving "Attempting to connect to server" error message while playing CityVille

Have you tried clearing your cache and reloading the game If you are not sure how to clear your cache. I would suggest you to install the CCleaner on your system and then it will help you to clear the cache of your browser. After clearing the cache you need to restart the browser atleast once and then simply try to play the CityVille application on your system. Hopefully the problem should be fixed.

Re: Receiving "Attempting to connect to server" error message while playing CityVille

It appear as the internet connection which you are using is not good and hence you need to get t better connection since it will definitely help you to play the application without any sort of error which you have mentioned in the above post. I have already faced this problem and hence when i tried playing the game from my workplace where i have a good internet speed of 2Mbps is working absolutely fine.

Most probably this is because your browser is not supported by the game and to get the problem resolved you need to get Mozilla Firefox installed on your system. Since it appears as you have been using the Internet Explorer browser on your system. Remember to install the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox browser and then try to play the application on your system. This will definitely help you to get this problem resolved.

I would like to know which browser you are using because i am having a simple broadband plan and hence i think that the internet speed is not your problem except if your broadband is not working. The other work around for this is to remove the browser history and even clearing all the browser cache one of the two solution will work. If the problem persists still then please post back again.