Thread: window error message pop up with no text while starting test drive unlimited 2

window error message pop up with no text while starting test drive unlimited 2

Hello all,

I have bought the new version of the famous racing game called test drive unlimited 2 and installed it on my pc. But the problem is when I try to start it, an error message pops up and the game crashes to desktop. I have a medium end computer build on which I can play prince of persia, nfs and resident evil kind of game without any issues. I have also updated the graphics driver to the latest but the problem still persist. Can anyone tell me some steps to solve this issue? Is there a bug in the game itself or what? Thank you in anticipation.

Re: window error message pop up with no text while starting test drive unlimited 2

First of you will need to tell us what is your computer specifications, because by judging from your computer specs we can come to know whether your pc can handle or you can even play test drive unlimited 2 game on your pc or not. Secondly, the recommended and minimum system requirements of test drive unlimited 2 is listed below, so compare it with your computer specs:

Minimum Requirements:
    • Operating System:Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7
    • Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
    • RAM:2GB
    • Video:Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    • Hard Disk:14 GB
    • Peripherals:10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action
    • Other:Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

Recommended Requirements:
    • Operating System:Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7
    • Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
    • RAM:2GB
    • Video:Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 / ATI Radeon HD 4870
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    • Hard Disk:14 GB
    • Peripherals:10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action
    • Other:Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

Re: window error message pop up with no text while starting test drive unlimited 2

You can try to follow the below steps in order to install the game properly in your computer and this way you wont be facing the problem:
    1. First try to install the TDU.
    2. After that you have to run and activate with.
    3. The serial key might be provided in the booklet or on the cover of the game, so put it accordingly.
    4. Next, you will have to install the patch or the megapack that you can get it online on the game's website.
    5. Lastly, simply try to launch the game.

The error message that you are getting might be because you havent installed the patch or the megapack before you activated the game, so try not to forget this steps.

I was also facing similar problems but afterwards I was able to solve this issue by following the below method on my Windows 7 ultimate build:

1. You have to disable Network connection first (This step is Optional or even not required, but still work able).
    2. Next, if you have downloaded the ISO or image file of the test drive unlimited 2 game then mount it or burn that image with Daemon Tools.
    3. Next Install with the serial that is already provided
    4. This step is improtant as you do not have to start the game after installation yet!
    5. After that you have to copy the file 'TestDrive2.exe' from TDU2 folder to the game installation.
    6. This step is also important, you need to block 'UpLauncher.exe' in your firewall to prevent the game from being updated.
    7. Later on you can turn on your network connection again.
    8. Lastly Start and PLAY the game from 'UPLauncher.exe', not from the 'testdriver2.exe' file.

Have you tried reinstalling the game again. Is your directx vesion upto date? From the installable package of test drive unlimited 2, you will be able to see a directx installable package that is needed to be installed on your pc. You can try to obtain your computer's dxdiag report by following the the steps given below:

Fow Windows Vista / Windows 7
    Click on the start/Windows icon in the bottom left of your desktop, and in the search bar type "dxdiag".

For Windows XP
    Click Start, then Run, then type in "dxdiag" in the box that pops up.

Copy and paste the Dxdiag report here, so that we can analyze it and check what is the problem here.