Thread: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Worries About Update and Save Files

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Worries About Update and Save Files

I am never done updates in my game. So I am bit fear that after updating the game, what will if it start lagging or freezing my game.. Also after updating does my save file (of that game) will get erased? Because sometimes, it happened with my friends that they lost save file after updating and then again they have to start from beginning. I don’t want all this happening with me, so I am asking my doubt over here. So, please guide me properly.

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Worries About Update and Save Files

Let me tell you that I am not sure about the Test Drive Unlimited 2, but let me share my experience with some other games. I was playing (COD) and when I did updates and later found that all save file was not there in their original place.. I came to know that due to updates they all were lost and then I had to play the whole game from start (just as you mentioned). So, its not sure what will happen after doing the updates. I think that it depends on your luck...

I think that once you know about backing up save file, you can do updates without any worries. The only thing I would recommend you to do is copy & paste the entire Test Drive Unlimited 2 folder under My Documents/Eden Games. This is what we do in every game. The most useful and significant data is in the folder PLAYERSAVE. I think that there should be three files viz, DATA, KEYMAP and OPTIONS. Just keep this all safe and then you can try R & D's. your save file and other things (settings) will be saved automatically after transferring the backup files to same location.

I am having an idea about the xBox 360, so I would like to share it. If you are playing on xBox 360 you can backup onto a usb stick. Because many times I have suffered the same thing that your friends did, i.e lost save file. And you will get more frustrated to play again those levels which feels like wasting the time. So I would like to suggest you to keep the backup of save file before you do any updates. It is not that you will lose save files (compulsorily), but nor you can ignore the chances of getting it erased. So better backup first.