Thread: Stuck at Dead Space 2 Chapter 6 Oxygen Glitch

Stuck at Dead Space 2 Chapter 6 Oxygen Glitch

Hope anyone can help me out of this. I started playing Dead Space 2 yesterday; all was going fine but in Chapter 6 (hope someone else might be aware of it) where we come through the Oxygen Glitch, I just stopped playing. As any of you gamers might be knowing that here we need to extinguish the flames (at zero-g room), by pulling out 3 batteries in order to shut down the oxygen generators. But in my game, no batteries appear.

I even tried reloading my game 7 times but still the same problem. Is this any kind of bug or there is some problem with my game or system? I expect some proper solution or any idea on this

re: Stuck at Dead Space 2 Chapter 6 Oxygen Glitch

Well, I already completed Dead Space 2 and dint noticed any such issue. Anyways, if am not wrong, I guess you are talking about the fuses. If it is fuses than you have to seek high and low for the same, and take out the covers so you can get to them. In simple words, the fuses are behind those covers and you required taking out them from the back of a pallar generator. Once you are able to see those batteries, simply pull them off and you are done. For more info on this part, you should checkout chapter six in this walkthrough.

I too faced this problem on the same place. While playing first time, i was just unable to see any of the batteries but when i restarted the chapter again, i found that 2 were on the floor and 1 was on the ceiling. So, if you are unable to find them anywhere in the room, i'll suggest you to reload the chapter from your save file and try again. It must appear this time. If still you are unable to see them, dont forget to remove the covers behind the pallar generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Sija View Post
    I even tried reloading my game 7 times but still the same problem. Is this any kind of bug or there is some problem with my game or system?
    Hey dude, its not any kind of bug or else. I already finished the game and dint got any such problem. If it would have been a bug than i too must have noticed it. But as i can see many are facing this problem and are seeking for solution, i admit that its some sort of an annoying problem that needs to be fixed. I think we need to search some patch to fix it out. But before that make sure you meet the recommended system requirements of the game.

Am too interested in this topic am still at chapter 3. But after reading this issue i tried to find out some fix for the same and what i got is that you need to reload the game from the check point or your previous save multiple times untill you get the batteries appear. Now and then it occurs at random and sporadic times during the game. I also heard from some XBox players facing some comparable issue with that in 13th chapter. Now the thing to find out is that are they too facing the same Oxygen Glitch in Chapter 6 ?

Re: Stuck at Dead Space 2 Chapter 6 Oxygen Glitch

sound like a file exe. error the game just stops working i got past it but atferware you meet a girl and i just crash there the lift won't come back up if anyone got past that part plz tell me
    Last edited by nobodyMSD; 24-03-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Re: Stuck at Dead Space 2 Chapter 6 Oxygen Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyMSD View Post
    sound like a file exe. error the game just stops working i got past it but atferware you meet a girl and i just crash there the lift won't come back up if anyone got past that part plz tell me
    Could you tell us what kind of error you are getting and specfically at what chapter you are stucked? Have you tried applying Dead Space 2 patch in your computer, you can download and install the same in your pc by searching it from google. Another solution is, if the game is not crashing then try to read up the walkthrough of this game from here - Dead Space 2 Walkthrough And Cheats