Thread: Cannot launch Test Drive Unlimited 2 [ERROR #0a]

Cannot launch Test Drive Unlimited 2 [ERROR #0a]

Hi everyone. I've seen that all the people are complaining about this game and so am i. I was very excited to bring this game home. I installed it ans i got this error :
    Code:
    The game did not properly install on this system.
    Please try to install the game again using the installer (DVD or downloaded installer).
    If the problem persists, contact Atari technical support.
    [ERROR #0a]
    What is the problem? Can anyone help me with it? Thanks in advance...

Re: Cannot launch Test Drive Unlimited 2 [ERROR #0a]

From the error, it seems that the game isn't installed correctly on your computer and it is saying you to install it again from the media you installed it. Did you download it or installed it from a DVD? I guess there is some application bothering the game. See if you dont have compatibility issue. Is your computer configuration above the minimum mark required by the game? This may also be one of the issue. Check if these things are as needed and then reinstall Test Drive Unlimited 2 and see if you get any errors or not. If still you get the error do post back...

Well i would recommend you to first update all your necessary drivers. Update your graphics card drivers first. Have you installed Test Drive Unlimited 2 on a Windows 7 machine? Windows 7 generally installs all the basic drivers on its own but sometimes these drivers underperform. And hence i would not recommend you to keep these drivers. Instead download the latest graphics card and chipset drivers from their respective website and install it. Hope this solves your problem. Also if there is another solution that you might come across do post back.

I have all the latest drivers for : Graphics Card, Sound Card including the chipset still i get this error. I'm on Windows 7. I have a quite good configuration of PC and this is definitely not the problem. What else can it be? I have this on a steam account. My friend too has the steam game which is working flawlessly. I copied the game data from his PC to mine, but still it wouldn't work. Anything apart from this i need to do? Please help! I feel this game is not worth purchasing. It has so many problems. I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it. Please think enough before buying this crap. This is just not worth buying really. Game doesn't start. What else would you do from it. I'm just getting more unluckier...

I would recommend you to do two more things just to make sure its not the problem. Have you installed the latest DirectX? This is also an important software for high graphics game. Sometimes, this problem is ignored until everything else fails. But first do look into this. Also try to reinstall by deleting local game files from steam not from add remove programs that you find in Control Panel. Now install it again and then before running it, defragement game files again from the steam itself. Now try and run the game, do you get error?

Well, all the possible solutions are already posted. I have this game and i too have windows 7. I hope this game works for you. Well it is indeed a crap and one shouldn't buy it. But we've already made this mistake why not enjoy it. I think you should talk to the customer support. Try talkin to both steam and atari. See what answers does this people give you. If your problem is sorted, do let me know, one of my friend too is facing this problem. We both tried to find a solution, by doing various things, but nothing seems to work. Anyone else has some other advice?

cool Re: Cannot launch Test Drive Unlimited 2 [ERROR #0a]

he man just open the launcher and then open the test drive 2.exe.don't cut the launcher.