Thread: No sound in Test Drive Unlimited 2

No sound in Test Drive Unlimited 2

I brought this game and i was pretty happy with it. I installed it on my steam account and started to play. As i launched the game there was dead silence. I thought i might have unplugged the speakers, on checking it was connected properly. I quit the game and checked the volume. It was Full. Now i played some music files, all played well, movie files, that too played well. I played the game again and yet again no sound. Is my game bad?

Re: No sound in Test Drive Unlimited 2

I have the exact same problem. All get in the game is dead silence. Totally blank! I too thought it is the game and now i'm sure it is the game. I wanted to play the game on my 5.1 system to feel the sound but was disappointed to see i actually had no sound at all. Any bux fix or patch released by the developer? I'm not sure what is exactly the problem but might be a bug. Will check the atari's website too but is anybody apart form us too having the same problem? Well for a new game and clean installation this shouldn't be an issue. I've started hating this game! Is there any special requirement for sound too for this game? Well i am also experiencing laggy performance. Is it due to my old 9500GT? I dont think so but just to make sure.

I have Ati 5850 HD and i'm also facing the same issue. Not too much but there is a noticeable lag while the car is in motion. Well i dont think its the graphics card but this game seems to be more worst then the beta version which was out. Infact i had played the beta and it was way much better then this final release. So my disappointed. Well whats wrong with the sound by the way? Only the two of us has the sound problem? I can't believe it. This game is crap, please think, rethink and rethink for the third time before buying this game. You will end up just as disappointed as we are.

For the sound issue, try to reinstall your audio drivers that might work. Follow this procedure :
    • Right-Click on My Computer
    • Click on Manage
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Click on (+) before Audio Device and Game Controllers
    • Locate your audio device and press Delete
    • Click Ok
    • After the device has been removed click on Scan for hardware changes
    • It will detect the Audio device and automatically install it again

Now check if your game gives you audio or not. Hope this works.

I managed to get the sound once but no idea how it came. But now again it went back. Grrr... I tried to fiddle with the sound device property in the control panel and then once it came and now i don't know what i did it went back. Please try some settings in the control panel and it may come up for you too. Ok, If you want the sound to play continuously, plug in the headphones. It works flawlessly, but the speakers at the back panel isn't working. Also i tried the headphones at the back and speaker at the front, speaker doesn't work but head phones work. What may be the problem?

Well if you made some configuration changes in the control panel, try to make the speaker configuration change again. When you are to choose the speaker type choose headphones even for the large speaker. See if that works. As you mentioned that headphones work, this means that if you change the configuration from 5.1 to headphones, or may be 2.1 might work. I dont have this game to test, so you have to test this all by yourself. Also do post back if this works. Also if you find some other way to make the 5.1 speakers work do post back. All the best!

This might sound somewhat stupid, but here's what was the case on my comp:
    Since it's crappy onboard Realtek, with crappy 'analogue jack detection routines' When i plugged my guitar into the front panel, it disabled [have no clue neither why nor how] sw/center output on rear panel. But it disabled it in a strange way so that woofer worked when supporting surround channels???
    Started fiddling and killed the sound completely! LOL

Then unplugged all connectors from onboard crapaudio, replugged 'em one by one, so craptek software could sort itself out. And... voila...

Cheers.

Edit:
    Also check if actual game audio is not being sent to those hdmi audio devices that video cards have incorporated nowadays...
    Last edited by Uprika; 11-02-2011 at 03:16 AM.