Thread: G25 wheel settings for Test Drive Unlimited 2

G25 wheel settings for Test Drive Unlimited 2

I have this G25 wheel and i wanted to play Test Drive Unlimited 2 with it. So i just attached it to my PC. When i use it as the game controller and play Test Drive Unlimted 2, it feels very insane. I mean the default configuration is not playable. I went to additionally configure it from the controller software but didnt help. I tried the in-game settings, but then it was also just a waste of time. Anyone knows which is the best configuration for G25 so it is playable with Test Drive Unlimited 2?

Re: G25 wheel settings for Test Drive Unlimited 2

Test Drive Unlimited is quite a tough game if you have just started playing it recently. I have been playing this game since a while now, but i use my keyboard. Well at first it took me a while to get used to it even on the keyboard, so it is obviously that G25 will take some time to adjust to the game and so will you. Just give it some time, and keep on adjusting the sensitivity until you find the one which suites you. Keep the controller software at defult settings and only adjust the in-game settings for best use. This would help you but might take time to adjust.

I too am using this G25 wheel, bought it off an ebay auction. Well the condition looks good. I am not comfortable with this G25 on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Is it the Wheel that is bad or the game is not very much compatible with this wheel. Its a cheap wheel from logitech and i dont expect much from it but still atleast the settings should be playable. The settings are so unreal. Sometimes its funny and very much unplayable. Please help with the settings. Does any one use some other wheel? May be i can try similar settings of other wheel on this wheel of mine. Or this wont work?

The G25 wheel you have purchased, is one from the ebay and was auctioned right? May be it is the problem. Have you tried it with some other "car" game? I'm sure you will get the conclusion about the G25wheel you have if you try playing it on some other game like need for speed shift or may be carbon. If the wheel works just fine, then there might be the compatibility issues with the game. Why don't you go and checkout if the game has this G25 wheel listed under compatible or, this game has listed G25 as a compatible wheel. Well the best way to enjoy a car racing game is to play it on a wheel and i understand it well, but you also need to know that all games are different and have different compatibility issues so always get a compatible wheel if you really want to enjoy the ride. Drive safe!

I am playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 from a while and i wanted to buy a wheel from a long time. Which wheel do you guys suggest? From this topic, it will definitely not be the Logitech G25 wheel. Any other wheel any one of you want to mention? I was planning to get a Microsoft's sidewinder. How good is this wheel for Test Drive Unlimited 2? Well i was planning for sidewinder as it is mostly compatible with all games as of now. Only some games give you a bit bumpy ride with sidewinder. Any specific suggestion? I mean for the Test Drive Unlimited 2 game?

As far as what i have heard Test Drive Unlimited 1 was awesome with all brands of wheel but this second installment seems to have problems when it comes to using wheels with it. I have heard that this game works great with keyboard and gamepad. But the wheel is not meant for Test Drive Unlimited 2. The game developers should pay attention to this fact to. Also some friends have managed to use G25 with this game and on asking told me that set the rotation to 540 degree and the sensitivity to the minimum. This setting makes the game a bit playable but no real fun. Hope this info is useful...