Thread: The Sims 3 Outdoor Living: Steam bundle on DVD not working

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living: Steam bundle on DVD not working

I am facing some problems with the DVD of game The Sims 3 Outdoor Living. I have read much about this game, so thought to buy it. So I purchased Outdoor Living stuff pack from Game Shop. Along with that I bought Steam bundle in which base game + all EPs + two stuff packs were included. When I tried to use it on Steam Version, it’s not getting started. Also I know that I can’t take back that DVD to store since that cannot be refunded. So thought to check some solutions from you people or my all money will be waste. I would be very thankful if you provide some solutions that can resolve my issue. Let me tell you that when I am trying to install, I get an error message stating that I need to have a version of The Sims 3 installed. Help..!! Since this is my first time, I am not knowing anything about the game.

Re: The Sims 3 Outdoor Living: Steam bundle on DVD not working

According to me, you may have purchased the SP but the base game will not be updated whenever EA release the update to accept it so till then you cannot make use of it. Presently the DVD and Digital Download versions (Gametree, Direct2Drive, EADM) are transposable (exchangeable) but Steam is only compatible with copies bought from Valve. Hope that you have registered it already. Even if you have not registered, you might be still able to put up for sale.

I have not registered it yet, my bad.!! I’ll try to take that back to same game shop, but I am sure that according to their policy they can’t take that back (I am not blaming them, it was my mistake). Because last time same thing happened, and when I got that back to their shop, they explained that they do not exchange the DVD’s having registration code. I think that only option for me is to give someone gift.

I had experienced many times (twice or thrice) that when pc game is not compatible with the system that you are using, then usually they take it back. Maybe that depends on place and game shops. Then also before throwing it (as gift), you should try to return once. If nothing is possible then you can gift it. Or the other option is that you can also sell it, since it is not used I think that you will get good price. So the decision is upto you.