Thread: Farmville : Do not like tree masteries at all

Farmville : Do not like tree masteries at all

I am playing this Zynga FarmVille games from around 8 months and I have been collecting trees for that time and making good coin using arborists. Tonight I see we have tree masteries and figured I could get a good start on them by sending an arborist through. I was very wrong I received nothing towards any of my masteries of any of my trees. Do u have any idea how hard it is going to be doing all of my trees by hand?

Re: Farmville : Do not like tree masteries at all

I built my orchard, put in 20 trees (different ones). I harvested a few by hand, to see if it was registering in the Mastery... it was. Then, I used arborists to finish up 19k coins worth of trees... not a single Tree Mastery number increased. I refreshed my farm, no change. It looks like I'm going to have to harvest by hand in order for it to count towards the Tree Masteries. Current Level: 102 Masteries: 59 Including Goji Berries, Cupcakes, Organic Blueberries, Triticale, Hollyhocks, Pinto Beans, Lupine, Sweet Beets, Dog Rose, Candy Corn, Black Roses, White Pumpkins, Candy Canes, Poinsettias, Balloons, White Pointsettias, Fire & Ice Roses.

Near as I can ascertain, you put trees in the orchard that you want to propagate saplings ("seedlings" per FarmVille) for "rare" or "exclusive" trees. For example, you put a Cherry tree in the orchard in hopes of getting a Rainier Cherry sapling. I put 20 different trees in there. Once I get a sapling, I can remove its "parent" tree, and put something else in its place (or a repeat of a tree that hasn't produced a "rare" sapling). The sapling is then watered and grows from there. Watering cans can be gifted or bought. However, the Mastery points I received were from trees sitting out on my farm (when you put a tree in the orchard, its "readiness" resets to zero). I'm hoping the manual harvesting is a glitch, and soon harvesting with arborists will also count. Level 90
    Seeds : 74 Mastery Signs (including LE masteries : Balloons crop, Black roses, Candy Corn, Lupine, Poinsettias, White Poinsettias, White pumpkins)
    Trees : 9 Mastery Signs (still way too many to master )
    30 Blue Ribbons

I thing orchards appears to be unlimited. You have to finish building one before you can buy the next with coins, though. I'm almost finished building my fourth already. I had been hoarding special delivery boxes up until now, and boy did they sure come in handy. I am going to line one side of my farm with orchards and stash all of my trees in them. For the moment, my strategy is to generate as many saplings as possible to go after masteries. Level 101
    Ribbons: 140/152 total, 33/38 blue
    Masteries: 75/75

Well, you wouldn't harvest all your trees by hand, just the ones you wanted to harvest toward your mastery. And, you wouldn't do it all at once. You would do as many as you felt like doing that day and use the arborist to harvest the rest. It isn't a job and you don't get paid to do it. So, when you don't feel like doing it any more, just stop. No one will steal your trees if you only do a few today and do some more the next time you get a notion to do some. You aren't "bad" if you don't do them full speed ahead. Besides, those weird little guys that show up on your farm looking like they are up to no good can probably be talked into harvesting some since they are there anyway.

Yes I have a very good idea. I just hand harvested 1,418 trees. It took maybe 20 minutes to click them all, when they are clustered close together its almost effortless... I barely need to move the mouse. Click one, it turns translucent, click the exact same spot again and get the one behind that one. And repeat. The hard part is waiting for the clicks to go through. I finished clicking about 20 minutes ago and my farm is still sitting there racking up coins and clicks. Got a mastery star in Lime trees a minute ago, that was cool. If you don't like lots of clicks, the obvious solution is to build lots of orchards. Or, focus on mastering ONE tree variety at a time. Build a few orchards and fill them with THAT type of tree. Use arborists for everything else. When that tree is mastered, pull them out of the orchard and put something different in there. Problem solved.