Thread: Cannot install Sims 3 on MacBook Air

Cannot install Sims 3 on MacBook Air

I just want to have the Sims 3 on the MacBook Air of mine but I really cannot have the same working in my case. I have here the 11 inch model of the MacBook and I am of the opinion that I should have the game installed in my case and should have allowed me to begin with the same. Here however I was not at all able to have this working here. Can you all there please let me know what can be done here so that the issue can be solved in any manner? At the time of the installation of the Game I really did not get any trouble with it, it just notified me that the game was installed successfully but when I tried to see for the game in the system I really cannot find it there on the system. Any help in the matter will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot install Sims 3 on MacBook Air

It seems to me that you are missing on the minimum requirement that you should actually have there and hence the issue. I would just like you to see the minimum system requirements here and see if you were really missing on something there and hence the issue. In order to have the Game running on your system it will be great if you can have Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher at the first place. In addition to this the processor that you should have must be at least Intel Core Duo. The most vital part on which most of the people miss on is RAM you should have 2 GB of RAM there. Graphic Card should be from ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT. I am sure that you are not missing on any of this at the first place. Get the things checked.

Well after looking at the whole scene I just think that the installation that you have done with the CD is not the appropriate one there and hence you are having the issue there. It will be better if you can just have the installation of the Game from the CD or get the image from some trusted source and give this a hit on the laptop of yours. I would just suggest you to go with the installation for one more time if all the system requirements are fulfilled and just do not giving this try as it may even hurt the proper functioning of the laptop there.

I have seen in some of the cases where some of the users were able to get the game running with a small workaround. All they were required to do was just change the name of the folder and they were able to get access to the game. IN your case I do not think that you are missing on the System Requirements as if it would have been the case then you for sure must have been warned about the same there at the first place. The user who got the game to play just added the “-“(hyphen) in the name of the folder and then he was able to have the game working on his laptop.

It seems to me at the moment that while you were installing the game you might have missed on some thing there and hence you are not able to have the game running in your case there. I am of the opinion that the component that you are missing on is in Sims 3.app folder and hence the issue. In order to overcome the issue you can go to the Applications and then see for The Sims 3 once you find it there then you will be required to make a right click on it then choose the Show Package Contents option. Once you select this option then you should be allowed to navigate through the Contents and MacOS. You will see cider there make a double click on it and then you will see a terminal popping up. You can make use of the same so that the game can be launched.

Well I think that there is some bug at the moment with the Game and hence you will be able to go with the trick that has been explained above. You can follow the same till there is any official release in this respect. Once you get the same then you will be able to have the game launched with some ease and with just one click. If you do not get the above method working then it will be appreciable that you once again go with the installation of the Game and see if that you do not miss on any of the vital component at this very point. Hope that you will be able to play the game after the fresh installation.