Thread: Steam App Store on Mac for Call Of Duty 4 does not support Mods

Steam App Store on Mac for Call Of Duty 4 does not support Mods

Me and my friend both purchased Call of Duty. My friend uses a mac so he did it from the Mac App Store while i did it from steam. we were supposed to play the Death Sniper mod. we had some internet issues and hecne had to enter the IP address manually. When Call Of Duty 4 started to downloading maps and mod files on my friend's mac, he got an error. I contacted the support and they told me, mods are not supported on COD4 for Mac. I feel cheated as i got the game from steam at £20 for PC and the mac version that my friend brought was at £85. Now the after sales service is so poor! They are not ready to fix the error for Mac version for most of the error giving servers.

Re: Steam App Store on Mac for Call Of Duty 4 does not support Mods

I am never buying a game from any game porters. Game porters only charge large money from Mac users as most of them dont want to to buy windows / or use bootcamp and also a very small amount of people want to run games natively. And the worst part is the after sales Even after drawing a large amount from the customer they cannot provide after sales service. If game developers release games like Minecraft and torches can be native ported with limited budgets, then developers can not argue that it is too expensive.

I do not play Call of Duty 4 but Aspyr used to be much better, but they are deteriorating their image in the market. This is happening since a few years now. Their support has gone poorer. And what they mean by not supported is not it is not working. They simply means that they will not provide you support as they got their money and they dont care if the game works or not. Try porting the version of Windows to mac with WineSkin. It has less bugs and it ports most of they game without any problem. I'm not sure if your game will be ported as it has very less game supported. But still its worth a try.

Personally, I think that it is just that they dont care or dont want to support. Especially since the Aspyr COD4 retail supports all of the mods very well on my Steam Windows version. I still don't understand why Aspyr have sticked to restrict COD4 in the App Store. It just isn't making anysense! Aspyr suggested that the problem is because of the path of where the maps and mods are kept are different on Mac version and a PC version. In this case the Mod and Map path on the retail mac version is different to the PC version, then why is Aspyr not simply getting the application to redirect the path to some other location where Mac permitts? Simple?