Thread: How do I get large media files onto my ps3 from my pc

How do I get large media files onto my ps3 from my pc

I'm running windows xp pro sp3, Ive got a 250gb ps3 slim. My ps3 is connected through a wireless network to my router, my pc is connected via a network cable. How can I upload films from my pc to my ps3. the reason I can't use my dvd writer is that for some reason it won't write to dvd's. It does cd's (most of the time) but dvd's it won't touch. I can play them but thats about it. I want to watch the films Ive downloaded on my tv instead of the little monitor ive got. and I only have an old telly, its not one of the new ones where you can play a computer straight in. I'm a poor old fashioned guy trying to make ends meet lol... please please help. Ive looked at other blogs but non make sense to me, one of them mentioned mediatomb, but then it went into command lines and something called ubuntu but when I went to the web page it stated I was about to download and install a new operating system. I dont want to do that. I'm stuck and need advice regarding an easy solution please and many thanks at the very least for reading this far.

roy

Re: How do I get large media files onto my ps3 from my pc

Just follow the instruction given below for transferring the media file to your PS3:

1. Format your USB driver with FAT32
    2. Copy the file to your USB drive
    3. Plug USB drive on PS3 USB port
    4. Turn On the PS3 (With No Disk)
    5. Choose Video from Main Menu
    6. Find your USB drive in Sub Menu
    7. Hit triangle button
    8. Select Display All
    9. Select the file
    10. press the triangle button.
    11. Select "Copy"
    12. Hit "X" button
    13. Press the "X" button again to confirm the transfer

Re: How do I get large media files onto my ps3 from my pc

Yeah thanks Maximus, but the only problem I've got now is I don't own a USB Drive... I'd have to buy one and it would probably work out cheaper if I just replaced my DVD-Writer and bought some blank DVD's. Or maybe not, considering the long run, depending on my transfer rate. Anyhow, my plan is to find a way of copying them from my PC to my PS3 using the home network I've got and I really need help on getting a free media server that I can use. Not that I'm totally useless with networking and software there of, but I have been having some problems all the same and this is the direction I need help with. Oh well, thanks for the reply Maximus, I'm very grateful for your time and effort. Take care matey...