Thread: The Sims 3 Outdoor:’ A serious error has occurred’

The Sims 3 Outdoor:’ A serious error has occurred’

I have installed The Sims 3 Outdoor Living on my computer. Whenever I attempt to load family I am getting following error message which can be stated as ‘A serious error has occurred for your town. Please restart the application. ‘Well I have restarted the games multiple times but it did not help me. Now I am not having any idea to solve the matter. Please let me know if you are having any suggestion with you. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: The Sims 3 Outdoor:’ A serious error has occurred’

Well you have not provided anything regarding the system which you are using. Well I want to know DXDiag of your computer. Well it will help me to find out the root cause of the problem. Hence I am suggesting you that you should post output of the DXDiag here. I am waiting for your prompt reply. I will suggest you further troubleshooting steps to solve the matter. Anyway thanks for reading this matter.

I am providing following steps which will help you to retrieve backup from the saved game.
    • Well you have to navigate to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves folder.
    • You will find list where you have saved the games of two type’s viz. regular save and backup.
    • You have to delete the file which is being corrupted and you have to rename the backup file.
    • You have to delete .backup from the file name and it will be turned in to most current backup file.

Well I think in this situation you might need to use some third party application to solve the problem. Well this tool will help you to corrupted file. In my case I have used 60.00 tool kit to solve the matter. I have saved the backup file in to .sims3 file on my computer. Well I replace the copy whenever I want to play family. I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the matter. Thanks a lot for reading.