Thread: How to turn off profanity filter in DC Universe Online

How to turn off profanity filter in DC Universe Online

The profanity filter in DCU Online is extremely inadequately coded to the spot of being one of the premium instances of the "clbuttic mistake". There is neither any single way to turn off it in game but the game vigorously avoid me from putting out of action it by means of INI files. Even going beyond its method to relapse permission modifications intended to bar some program for this computer from being equipped edit the file devoid of any administrative rights. Please tell me that how can this be turned off.

Re: How to turn off profanity filter in DC Universe Online

I can say this as the desperate Filter. You will not have even the standard discussion in game for the reason that it is it simple becomes blank after half of the sentences without any reason. SOE is unsuccessful at DCUO. The conversation is horrifying, the UI arrangement and Quest boundary is Broken. Graphics are out of order, Skills are not working. It must have gotten Blizzard toward Designing the Game. It is going to receive months of patching to solve some of this. Provided that, SOE essentially be concerned sufficient to perform it and which is doubtful.

Another huge difficulty is that DCUO is perceptibly designed intended for the PS3 initially, with PC controls as well as UI functionality shoehorned in on the previous minute. Why do I must press Ctrl to burgle close by items? Why do I have to press Shift in the direction to break crowd-control belongings? Why don't these effects only happen naturally? Why do I must grasp the E button (as opposite to just pressing it) to chat by means of characters otherwise interact with objects? And why are the entire social interfaces so out of order? The game does not provide you an alternative to turn off the dull profanity filter. It does not provide you a quick-reply utility within chat and the guild interface is regarding as essential and insipid as I have ever seen within an MMO.

It is moderately awful, not going to cut up some words here. It is simply practical and is obviously intended for console audience. You can not actually click about a lot, the tool tips for aptitude are not evocative sufficient, the conversation hardly works and yet when it does it is quite incomplete within function. Speaking to make conversation, the profanity filter is ludicrous and you cannot even turn that off. I have observed characters by means of names similar grill and guild names by means of the word raw in them, but you cannot say “amusement” in conversation without fraction of the word being filtered out.

The understandable response for this would be "yes, it most likely was." It is humorous that you talk about that it looks to have been intended by means of the PS3 in mind, given the actuality that the UI as well as universal plan is so clunky in that version, too. I am mainly having problem through the quest list presentation, because I cannot follow numerous quests at the same time. Lots of small things similar to that add up to create it an annoying practice.