Thread: Problems with iz3d Stereoscopic driver and DC Universe Online

Problems with iz3d Stereoscopic driver and DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online has problems with iz3d Stereoscopic driver? I am playing DC Universe Online since a month now and i had never had any problems with it. I recently brought this iz3d Monitor and installed its drivers supplied with it. It has awesome 3D effects with generally all games i have. I started DC Universe Online yesterday and i am logged out of the game. Is it due to my new monitor/driver or the game has some bug? I'm not sure what the problem is, but the new monitor and the driver is the only thing which is changed since the game stopped working. Has anyone used iz3d monitor with DC Universe Online properly?

Re: Problems with iz3d Stereoscopic driver and DC Universe Online

I suggest you to first check with both iz3d if DC universe online is supported on the monitor with its drivers? Also check if DC universe also has the support for 3D monitors and is compatible with drivers on iz3d. I don't see why there should be a problem using a game in 3D mode with a 3D monitor and a d driver. If the game is not supported, it should not show 3D effects or show some weird effect, but the game should run. I guess it is a bug with the game. Try to find and download if there are any update patched available for the same.

After the creation of my Avatar I tried to play. But then DC Universe Online told me that I'm using a old client and i was logged off from it. Because iz3d is linking to the basic video driver, the security check of DC Universe Online is thinking, iz3d is a game game and logging me off. So I tried uninstalling my iz3d driver. After that, I was able to play DC Universe Online without any issues. I know game developers provide such protections from games but this should be fixed soon. Developers must keep providing bug fixes as soon as they know there is one.

Well i would suggest you to visit the game's website and see if you can find any update patches. It may fix this and some other bugs if any. Also check iz3d's website and download the latest driver and 3D software available. There are chances that the driver behavior might not be acceptable by the game security and hence you are getting logged out. New drivers might have come up with bugs fixes. Also iz3d has stopped supplying new monitors for some unknown reason. The support for existing customers is still being given.