Thread: Problems connecting the internet while playing online games

Problems connecting the internet while playing online games

I think I have a problem trying to connect the internet. Recently I decided to change my internet service provider, after which I started having problems connecting the internet. Now when I try playing FPS games like Crossfire, combat arms, s4 league and many more on PS3, my laptop, and even my computer it just disconnects. I play games on my laptop and my PS3 using my wireless router. I have tried to experiment with the router, but the problem still prevails. My Firewall’s is turned Off. I even tried calling the customer care and made the changes as they guided, but things still don’t work for me.

Re: Problems connecting the internet while playing online games

When you swapped to other internet service provider (ISP), connection they must have given you a CD which helps in assisting to make settings for a new connection. You should try using this CD to solve the problem. I think the CD software could have turned your router settings to defaults connections. You may give try by re-establishing ports of the games you desire. If this is not the problem then I think your Internet Service Provider could be blocking the ports, so as to prevent games traffic from overloading their backbone.

I don’t think the CD will help you in any way, now that you have already made the changes. One thing you should keep in mind is that you cannot stop Internet Service Provider from blocking the games ports. You should have checked the settings before you signed up with your Internet Service Provider, and you should have confirmed that they support or allow the type of games you desire. If the router needs the ports of the games to be opened, then try searching for ports that your games use. You can even use the router manual, in case you want to open the ports of your games.

It seems you are having a problem connecting the internet. I think the problem is due to the router provided to you by the Internet Service Provider. Or there can even be a configuration problem in case of your wireless router. You can try avoiding the frequent disconnections that you have by simply resetting your router. You can reset your router by pushing a black button at the back of the router, and then try configuring the router again. If you still have a problem you can try using a D-Link router. I hope my suggestion is helpful to you.