Thread: Problem setting up Voice chat in DC Universe Online

Problem setting up Voice chat in DC Universe Online

Have problems regarding the settings for Voice chat in DC universe online. I have tried testing on Skype and steam voice chat by making voice calls over the internet and I have to tell you that it works perfectly fine. But the Voice chat of DC Universe was not working, and have no idea as to what went wrong . I tried making my headset the only Active device on my machine. I even tried making settings to specific headset option, but I did not observe any mic icon which I was expecting and was unable to detect sound. I want some suggestions.

Re: Problem setting up Voice chat in DC Universe Online

I have to say that we both share the same issue. I tried plugging in my USB headsets in my computer with operating system Windows 7. I tried setting my USB headset as well as mike as the default device and I made sure that the mike was working in Windows. Then I started playing DC Universe Online, but I still could not hear anything. I tried changing settings for Push to Talk but did not find it useful. Many of us are facing the same problem. Though the sounds in the games played alright, but it seems there is a problem with the voice chat in DC Universe Online. It feels so ridiculous when things go wrong. I think we have to wait before the concerned find an appropriate solution for fixing this problem.

There is a new update available which can solve the voice chat problems. Even after having Beta testing, they seem to have problems, which can now be resolved by the new brand update. This will help patching things which went wrong previously. This new hotfix was deployed to the United states and other European owners of the DC Universe. Try to get this fix and you can solve some of the problems that you use to face while playing the DC Universe. It has been two weeks since its release.

Even my friend told me about the fix that is available in the market. Previously people had no problem with Skype, Vent, or Steam Voice, but had issues in case of DC Universe Online voice chat, which did not work as intended and had unexpected problems. The new Hotfix has worked on some chat improvements. Now users will be able to select the Player’s voice chat channel as per their priority, that is from alert and group, to custom and league. And so the audio will not drop after every cutscenes. Fix for even a PS 3 is available.

i had this trouble on the ps3 the way i solved it was to open some ports on the router the ports i opened were TCP80 TCP443 TCP5223 TCP 10070 TCP10080 UDP3478 UDP3479 UDP 3658 UDP10070 i opened the ports and it worked not sure if its the same for pc dc but you can try and see if it works hope it helps