Thread: Unable to launch Dead Space 2

Unable to launch Dead Space 2

I have recently installed the Dead Space 2 on my windows vista machine and there is something wrong with the executable file of this game. Actually when I am trying to launch the game then error pops up saying I must have administrator rights and I need to log in as an administrator. When I try to launch the game then it shows black DOS window for seconds and then closes. How can I solve this problem, Please help me!

Re: Unable to launch Dead Space 2

I think your machine would be lacking from the graphic card drivers due to which the game is trying to start but it crashes as soon as it launches. I suggest you to update the drivers on your machine and then check that the game launches properly or not. Best way to update the drivers would be to do the same from the Device Manager. Here one thing must to keep in mind is to select the proper graphic card in the BIOS. As in this case even if your graphic card has the latest drivers, It does not get used by the game.

Could be the problem regarding the executable file that you have downloaded. It might happen that the file have got corrupted due to which it is not working properly. I suggest you to download the setup file again and then go through the same installation procedure and then check that it works or not. You may use some other source to download the same file this time as the source itself might have got infected by something due to which the file transfer does not take place properly and as a result file gets corrupted.

According to me, Issue is regarding the security firewall which might be stopping your machine to get connected with the server and hence it is not able to launch the game. I suggest disable all the firewalls on your windows machine and then check playing this game. Keep in mind that the firewall could be also of some antivirus program that you might have installed on your machine. So first of all disable the windows firewall and then disable the anti virus program as well. Make sure that you don't visit any other website until your machine is not protected by any firewall.

I think there is nothing wrong on your machine. If it asks you for login with the admin account then you can simply try playing this game from the Safe Mode of the windows operating system. Each and every windows operating system has booting mode which helps a lot in such situations. You need to reboot your machine and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you should choose for the Safe Mode with or without Networking and then try to play this game. You can even try in other way like create one more user account and give it all the admin rights and then try to play the same thing from that account.

May be your windows machine does not have a proper DirectX support because of which the game is not able to launch properly. I suggest you to install the latest DirectX support on your machine and then check that it works for you or not. This game might be needing the support of DirectX 11 which is may be not there on your machine. It is recommended to download the DirectX 11 from its official website or you may download it from the microsoft as well.

To me, the issue is about the security firewall that will stop the machine to connect to the server and therefore can not launch the game. I suggest disabling all firewalls on your Windows machine and checks in this game. Note that the firewall may also be of any antivirus program that can be installed on your machine. So first, disable the Windows firewall and then disable the anti-virus program as well. Make sure you do not visit any other site until your machine is not protected by firewalls. I hope that this one will surely help you to solve the issue.