Thread: Getting error” mount.nfs: mount system call failed” in NFS client server

Getting error” mount.nfs: mount system call failed” in NFS client server

I put the idea to share the documents found on two PCs using LinuxMint (based on Ubuntu) is connect to my box (to be PC1) and one in wifi. So in order to do this I have followed the tutorial A simple NFS share on to the website. When I'm on PC1 I get a ride this is the folder on PC2 (I shared the home for ease of reference) but when I want to do the same thing with the PC2 error appears "mount.nfs: mount system call failed "and when I prelaunch the server on PC1 it says" exportfs: Warning: / home / lucas Does not support NFS export.” So what to do in order to get rid from this kind of issue.

Re: Getting error” mount.nfs: mount system call failed” in NFS client server

I have 2 PC running Ubuntu 10.10 and with a Linux running on it, the 2 PCs share one another directory and everything works perfectly. I open all the shares on the network to access it with any PC that happen on the network (wired, home) and with the hard drive which also has a multimedia linux in With me, all my NFS shares like this are the 2 sides. And if still you are not getting any solution then you just try to switch the ip address of these PC may be this will help you.

On PC1 I've always the error that appears when I run the NFS server and I think I cannot mount because of it but I cannot resolve the dispute. This can only come on both the home PCs have the same names? I handed the hosts.deny as originally allow for I just let the 192.168.1.147 for the export I put everything in brackets but even putting home / lucas / Documents it I always say the same mistake and I restart the server with sudo / etc / init.d / nfs-kernel-server restart. So nothing works in my case. Please help me.

Yes, I got the similar problem, and the reason is still IPTABLES (firewall problem). I one time check that whether I was able to mount the shared folder in the system itself, and it work, but I accumulate it from additional machines, there is a long time waiting and lastly got the error "mount.nfs: mount system call failed". May be you have to check it like me see if you got the similar phenomenon. Usually speaking, the arrangement of NFS is such easy, if you got complexity, presently believe concerning the whole mount procedure and confirm the privilege, network, firewall and configuration are all OK!