Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

d3dx9.dll missing or corrupt after launching Dead Space 2

Video Games

Old 29-01-2011

d3dx9.dll missing or corrupt after launching Dead Space 2

I have been facing the error d3dx9.dll while playing the Dead Space 2 what could be the problem on my system , i am very much excited to play this game. The procedure entry point could not be located Now I have the updates installed (previously it was found not even d3dx9.dll) now I get the following: D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx error please tell me how can i fix this issue.

Old 29-01-2011

Re: d3dx9.dll missing or corrupt after launching Dead Space 2

Well the error encountering d3dx9.dll file missing or if it says not found or you get an error saying It may corrupt the dll file whenever you try launching Dead Space 2 on your system. Then this issue can be fixed easily by downloading a new and official d3dx9.dll file from the and install it again. Eventually i think you can update the DirectX to 9 or even higher version to play Dead Space 2. Upgrading the DirectX9 file will definitely help you to get this problem solved.
Old 29-01-2011

As far as i know the d3dx9.dll file belongs to DirectX 9.0b. The contrast is d3dx9.dll 2.4 comes with and has no version number. This file has a default path on Win2000 folder WinNT \ System32 in XP in Windows \ System32. \ bin with the early versions of 2.4 was in the directory in a subfolder. And good for 2.4 shows was a dxerr9.dll, it should be in the same path as the d3dx9.dll. And again for the record these two DLLs are not part of the Microsoft DirectX Runtimes. So it will be better if you try to reinstall the DirectX 9 instead of repairing it.
Old 29-01-2011

Hello, I downloaded the dead space game, yes I know it's wrong, when I ran the application, a window tells me that it can not find "d3dx9_38dll" since it is not related to direct x, apparently, I have the latest version of Direct X 9, I found a link to download this version but it is not working, can you help me thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2011

This type of .dll error message occurs when d3dx9.dll file is corrupted or not properly installed.

To fix d3dx9.dll error message, download the missing d3dx9.dll file from the link provided below

After downloading the missing d3dx9.dll file, restore this file into System32 folder.

Path to System32 folder is:

C:/ Windows / System32

Note: C: Drive is your Window Drive.

Now you may need to restart your pc to make the changes effective. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2011

There are some dll repairer tools. But they are simply not effective on game files. You can download a proper dll file from a working system and copy the same in the game folder. First get the file name. Then search the same over the web and download it. Move the same to appropriate directory and done. Your game will work. Also try to find a proper patch for the error, because that will be much more helpful as it will also come with common bug fix.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,