Thread: Dead Space 2 crash to desktop fix

Dead Space 2 crash to desktop fix

I am having one issue with the Dead Space 2 PC game which is crashing on My computer. While i am running the game, It crashes with an error message i.e. 'dead space has stopped responding'. I am unable to find the reason behind this. Is there any one who is facing the same problem. If you are having the solution fro same then do let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dead Space 2 crash to desktop fix

First let me know do you have then system compatible with the Dead Space 2. I will advise you to check whether you system is compatible with the game or not. If you are missing anything in compatibility then it is better to install the same first and then to run the game. You need to have following configuration.

• Operating system: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7
    • Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster (Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or faster, AMD Athlon 64 3000 + or faster, be Athlon64 X2 or Core Duo processor)
    • Memory: 1 GB (XP), 2 GB (Vista or Win7) or more
    • Hard disk: 10 GB free space
    • Graphics: 256 MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required. NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 do not meet the minimum requirements) ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 do not meet the minimum requirements)
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

I had the same issue after the installation of the game. I was getting the continuous crash while i am trying to launch the game but the issue got resolved as i have found one solution to work with the issue. I have deleted the Config file from the App Data folder and after that while running the game no crash appeared again. I am now successfully enjoying the gameplay. I know this is not the permanent solution but i have tried this and this worked for me. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. I think this will resolve your issue too.

Regarding your issue i will ask the did you Reinstalled the graphic driver? It seems to be the issue with the Graphic driver which is not working or got corrupted and lost its functionality and that is why you are getting the error with the same. I will advise you to uninstall and reinstall the Graphic Driver for the video card from the manufacturer site. And then check whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. Also you can use the Uninstaller Utility to perform the uninstallation of the Dead Space 2.